Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Ricoh Pro C700ex ripping fuser belts

I have a Ricoh Pro C700ex that just shredded the fuser belt last week, when a new belt was installed it also shredded after about 2200 copies on cardstock at a duplicating center for a local college. A new fuser assy was installed summer of last year with no problems until recently. When new belt was installed there seemed to be a very small gap between belt and pressure roller, but I dont see any type of adjustment in the manuals to correct this. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance. Jeff V

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: Ricoh Pro C700ex ripping fuser belts

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Technician

Re: Ricoh Pro C700ex ripping fuser belts

Hi Javaman,
    It might be worthwhile ensuring the fuser entry plate is screwed at the default centre screws at either side. Also that the belt tension roller is set to the default centre location. If these things check out, you may need to put the entry plate to the lower position,or perhaps if the belt tends to lean to one side and rip when it makes contact, and just the tension roller location to keep the belt centered.

Also may be worth considering if the fused is getting enough oil and adjusting to suit or checking the oil pumps.

Thats all I can think of at the moment, I hope it helps.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Ricoh Pro C700ex ripping fuser belts

First of all, I don't work on Color PROs, so take this with a grain of salt.
    Still, is there any chance they are using ink jet paper? That will wreck the fusing belt on the lesser color machines I do work on. Rather rapidly.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Make sure the aluminum roller is not reversed. There are ridges on both ends that are keep the belt tracking on center and the center point between them is offset from the center point of the tube towards one end. If reversed, the belt will work for a short time but eventually shift to the end and rip up.