MPc4501 "SD Card Is Not Set Correctly"

I have a MPc4501 we just received into shop off lease that displaying the "SD Card Is Not Set Correctly" message. The only card in the machine is the VM card in slot 2. It appears they removed a SD card from slot 1 that may have had some programs on it. Reason I say this is because in user tools under Extended Features there are several programs under the "Add Program Startup Settings" that are grayed out and I can not install or uninstall.

Any thoughts? Any way to just turn off the notification?

Thanks
    "Heavy music to the normal ear is nothing but a loud annoyance. Most people think of it as obnoxious, talentless music but to someone who really listens and is really in love with music knows how beautiful and amazing it can be" Tommy Rogers of Between The Buried and Me"

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Re: MPc4501 "SD Card Is Not Set Correctly"

I ran in to that problem a little while back. I had to clean the contacts in the sd card slot to remedy.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    I ran in to that problem a little while back. I had to clean the contacts in the sd card slot to remedy.
    I will give that a try thanks
    "Heavy music to the normal ear is nothing but a loud annoyance. Most people think of it as obnoxious, talentless music but to someone who really listens and is really in love with music knows how beautiful and amazing it can be" Tommy Rogers of Between The Buried and Me"

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: MPc4501 "SD Card Is Not Set Correctly"

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

I tried to clean the contact with no luck.

Here is a screen shot of the WIM showing the items that are trying to start up. As you can see there are 8 pages of items and none of them will let me select or uninstall them.

Thanks for any help

MPc4501_SD_Card.doc

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

That screen shot you have provided are applications/services on the VM card

As for the SD card message, you are more than likely missing an option such as postscript from slot 1

Tweak it till it breaks! 100+ Posts zames77's Avatar

I've had this message before on another machine (MPC5000 I think). That had Data Over right installed on the HDD, then somebody had to replace the HDD but didn't reinstall the Data Overright resulting in this message. Try SP5-801-003 - System Control Service, record all of the system settings first before you do though.

Quote Originally Posted by zames77 View Post
    I've had this message before on another machine (MPC5000 I think). That had Data Over right installed on the HDD, then somebody had to replace the HDD but didn't reinstall the Data Overright resulting in this message. Try SP5-801-003 - System Control Service, record all of the system settings first before you do though.
    I did a backup of the NVRAM and gave this a try and it worked great! Thanks!!!! Free virtual beers on me

Thumbs up Re: MPc4501 "SD Card Is Not Set Correctly"

Quote Originally Posted by zames77 View Post
    Worked here too on an mpc4000. Be aware this clears your service phone numbers in SP5812, but no big deal to re-input.
    Thank you!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MitchD View Post
    Free virtual beers on me
    No thanks, I don't want to get a virtual hangover!
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.