Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Codex's Avatar

Re: Ricoh MP 7001 light copies/prints

picked up this old thread, because i have exact the same problem with our machines (Aficio 1060 to MP 8000), We use only original Ricoh TYPE 9002 Toner, and i'm sure this is the problem....we got a kind of unofficial"confirmation" that something is wrong with this toner, but nothing sure, they make tests on some machines since two or three months......in our machines the problem is the same, with a new developer the machine runs for 10 or 15k copies , than starts to make light or grey copies and at that point everything we did (Firmware, PCU, various regulations, PM Parts), dont resolve nothing or resolve it only for a week or so......This is just for information, i asked here on the forum but it seems that this is an european problem (i know for sure that others have the same problem , Germany, GB, France.....)
    I repeat, this is only for information

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 7001 light copies/prints

I never did solve the problem.

We switched to oem toner and redid developer, but the machine would still go light after around 500 copies, tried tweaking a lot of toner settings to get it to load more as it was being consumed, but never fixed the issue. My next step was going to be to replace the whole dev unit, but we ended up replacing the machine.

-MNTECH

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

There is a tech bulletin about this very problem. Don't know how to attach a file here, but bulletin is "D131,D132,D133 - 008. Dated 6-2-14. ALWAYS run OEM toner ONLY in this machine. Make sure firmware is at recommended levels and go through the tech bulletin and you should make some headway. Under usage on these boxes will give you fits. These things are BEASTS and are made to run hard. I havehad a couple that were underused. The bulletin covers that scenario. ALL mine if the field (about 150 of this series) never undertone anymore. Good luck and let us know what fixes it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by logrady2331 View Post
    There is a tech bulletin about this very problem. Don't know how to attach a file here, but bulletin is "D131,D132,D133 - 008. Dated 6-2-14. ALWAYS run OEM toner ONLY in this machine. Make sure firmware is at recommended levels and go through the tech bulletin and you should make some headway. Under usage on these boxes will give you fits. These things are BEASTS and are made to run hard. I havehad a couple that were underused. The bulletin covers that scenario. ALL mine if the field (about 150 of this series) never undertone anymore. Good luck and let us know what fixes it.
    Could you provide the bulletin ind another way, by mail? Then I could attach it for other to se and learn.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mntech View Post
    I can tone it up by force adding toner in SP mode and it looks great for 100 copies then starts to go light again.

Usually the machine wont ask for toner it it will just stay at grey prints rather then black, even tho I will tone it up and set the TD initial to where its density should be.

I change drum, blade, and developer. After developer replaced it ran for about 500-1000 before going light again.

Any ideas?

I'm thinking it might be because of the aftermarket toner or TD sensor? It seems to consume more toner then it replenishes, but never reaches a toner end condition.

I can't remember if I've tried setting toner detection to pixel count or if I'm thinking of a different machine. But all I know is there is no problems with the mechanical workings of the toner loading system.

Thanks,

-MNTECH

Hi there...

I wonder whether there is an ID senor in this machine ...if so replace ...

Thanks

the martini is overheating,there is a tech bulletin on it, update engine firmware and system firmware engine@ at least 1:74.01 & system @ 1.23.
    these introduce sp3-990 and turns the fan on to a faster spin and can be adjusted to stay on for upto 4hrs after copier finishes a job,you definetley have this fault if you have toner spilling into the catcher at the front of the pcu and the dev is still in life.i only know about genuine toner though.Also dont forget the rear filter gets clogged and to clean the doc blade gap.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

ZAXXON, pm me with an e-mail address. I have the tech bulletin downloaded and will e-mail it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ricoheng View Post
    the martini is overheating,there is a tech bulletin on it, update engine firmware and system firmware engine@ at least 1:74.01 & system @ 1.23.
    these introduce sp3-990 and turns the fan on to a faster spin and can be adjusted to stay on for upto 4hrs after copier finishes a job,you definetley have this fault if you have toner spilling into the catcher at the front of the pcu and the dev is still in life.i only know about genuine toner though.Also dont forget the rear filter gets clogged and to clean the doc blade gap.

The first thing we did was this firmware update and turn the fans on, cleaning the gap under the doctor blade and cleaned/replaced the filtes but the situation after almost 6 months is exactly the same!!, the only thing that helps is to change developer........i'm sure that the problem is the damn TYPE 9002 Toner, last year we had the TYPE 6210, and everything was ok......Something is wrong with this (in our case Made in France) toner

Quote Originally Posted by logrady2331 View Post
    ZAXXON, pm me with an e-mail address. I have the tech bulletin downloaded and will e-mail it to you.
    Can you post the BUlletin here please???

THX

Would be helpful for us to have more data, 3-103 readings...(when the machine is copying bad.....) also clean all developer unit.....the alluminium frame into the unit, and the magnetic roller must be like a mirror.....sometimes drum shaft and electrode plate contact of drum shaft must be polished.