Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

mpc 6000 k density ajd

Im working with a mpc6000, k print dens ok but copy dens poor, ive forced toner supply and the copy k gets very good, come up to density, but, it doesnt stay after 100 copies or so it starts to fade again. I bumped up the toner supply amount from 36gm to 46gm,. On older machines i used to force toner, re run im dens and dv adj, and it holds it, the man on the mpc 6000 says not to ever re run the dv adj, so i cant re lock in the calibrate of the new toner dens.
    the voltage of the im dens adj read 1111 so its good.
    current value k = 2.15,Vsg_reg = 4.98 Voffset_reg= 0.00
    is there a manual adjustment for this? the man says if the dens is low the voltage is high,
    Ive cleaned all the im dens sens,
    The machine has 600k on it, 330k on the dv , maybe i need to just replace the dv and start fresh..?
    In my exp, the dens wont go up when you force toner if the the dv is week or shot, so im not thinking it needs it yet.
    any help thanks

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Re: mpc 6000 k density ajd

Forced toner supply is always a temporary solution. Replacing the developer is the best solution. I assume the optics are clean?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts redneckstylin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    Forced toner supply is always a temporary solution. Replacing the developer is the best solution. I assume the optics are clean?

what he said

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

If the prints are OK but the copies are bad, that pretty much eliminates the developer, PCU and fusing unit of being any part of the problem. The only alternative is that you aren't paying attention and the prints are bad as well, after all. Check the scanner, and let us know what you find.
    If cleaning the optics in the scanner (including cleaning the white reference strip and giving the CCD a good blast of air) doesn't help, you might try swapping the SBU from a working machine of the same model and see if that helps. It doesn't take that long.
    You might try reseating the connectors from the scanner, too.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 07-24-2013 at 12:42 AM. Reason: More info

thanks for all the input
    i have good prints, and now copy's good in blk n wht. so this would eliminate scanner,glass,optics, ect,(i cleaned them before i posted the above)
    My problem seems to be when i copy in color, the blak is still faint.
    not so faint that it looks splotchy, but faint enough if you put the two side by side there is a noticeable difference to a trained eye (one secretary in this office thinks she's a copy tech you know the type) anyway,
    the dv on the colors is at 140k, the test print in print sp mode all looks good, the color adjustment sheet in maint for calibrate prints good. Its just when the black is made from the color's that its not so bold.
    im still working it , would the music 2111-02 help with this? what color does the machine use to mostly make blk? mostly cyan? or does it use the blk but in a different voltage ? if so where would i check this?

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

A picture would be very helpful, please.
    Except for the original document scanning circuitry, image processing is the same for copies and prints.
    In the mean time, if they are trying to copy printed full color photographs, it could be that the problem is in their originals. The scanner is quite sensitive and will magnify defects in the main scan direction of the original in the main scan direction of the copies. See if the copies look better when you rotate the original ninety degrees.
    Also, in full color mode I think the machine uses a process black, which is C+Y+M toner. While the newer machines are WAY better than the first color machines I saw at process black, there is still a noticeable difference (run the test prints in printer service mode to observe that for yourself if you want). Especially when copying, as copies are lower resolution.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 07-25-2013 at 03:02 AM. Reason: An easy test to see the thing I'm talking about, so you don't have to take my word for it if you don't want to

Technician

I have got 600 k out the dev on these machines with no prob.. I just fierce toner and then run 2805 and 2801 and they just keep going and going. ....

thanks fr the clue n i knew there was a work around,
    and thanks for all the nsight

I have got 600 k out the dev on these machines with no prob.. I just fierce toner and then run 2805 and 2801 and they just keep going and going. ....
    I have no 2805? i bumbed up the 2801-1 10 increments, and 2806 all colors bumped up the same, 10 increments .
    the Density looks absolutely fantastic! for now , if this holds through next week then "Many Thanks" for saving me a dv change!if not then the dv has to go.. Client wants me to get an office in there building! we've all heard this before..
    anyway, new issue: Envelopes in the bypass will not feed,i have the size programmed, but they get started,then stop, then i get the jam alert.. I dont have a choice for enveloped in prnt pref.. any ideas? I will have to go back and see if its just the size is wrong or what, it passes paper, so it aint the feed...

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Switch off double feed detect and the paper type sensors for the bypass. I think it's SP's 1301 and 1302.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.