Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh MP2550 with SC672 Error

Re: Ricoh MP2550 with SC672 Error

Just FYI, the HDD can be formatted while still in the machine.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The machine goes straight to a SC672 code when the hard drive is connected. I couldn't get into the service mode to even try to format it with that code.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

I see.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmandassociates View Post
    I pulled out the hard drive and tried formatting it with my computer and it wouldn't format. I ordered a new hard drive from NWRs and just waiting to get that in. Thanks for the help.
    Standard 2.5" SATA you can pick up anywhere

airwind1030

Re: Ricoh MP2550 with SC220 Error

Ricoh MP2550 with SC220 Error, how can i resolved this error . please help me. can you give me a manual . location of the said error i dont know where is the laser synchronization detector is. can you give me a diagram.,, or a picture of it..

Quote Originally Posted by airwind1030 View Post
    Ricoh MP2550 with SC220 Error, how can i resolved this error . please help me. can you give me a manual . location of the said error i dont know where is the laser synchronization detector is. can you give me a diagram.,, or a picture of it..
    You are way out of your depth. You will need to hire someone who is trained on this machine to fix this problem.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts C.Vallon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by airwind1030 View Post

I just closed out a call with a laser sync. error, and yeah it's an involved process when dealing with anything related to the laser. If you're not a trained tech, I wouldn't risk it, just words of caution there.

What I had found with mine, was relatively easy in retrospect. The machine I was working on had a bit of a toner blowout, what had basically happened was that some toner had managed to get inside the laser unit, this coated the optics inside and caused the laser to fail it's synchronization. We had to open up the laser unit and clean off the polygon mirrors inside that had a light coat of toner on them, once this was done and the unit reassembled, the code was cleared.

This isn't to say you are experience the same issue, it's just a starting point that may or may not help. There is a very real possibility that the synchronization detector has gone faulty on you, without knowing the history of the machine, it's condition and what not, there's little more I can offer you other than my own experiences that seem to be relative to your problem. Hope it helps.

Good luck.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by C.Vallon View Post
    I just closed out a call with a laser sync. error, and yeah it's an involved process when dealing with anything related to the laser. If you're not a trained tech, I wouldn't risk it, just words of caution there.......
    Surely after about 19 months, this end user has either called a tech or replaced the machine
    Last edited by sandmanmac; 06-25-2015 at 01:26 AM.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by jmandassociates View Post
    Looking for help with a Ricoh MP2550 with SC672 Error.
    Me have also the same problem. I have tried 3 hard drives which are working perfect on my PC but when I try to format on my Ricoh MP 2550 error fail occurs.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts UNICORNico's Avatar

Exclamation Re: Ricoh MP2550 with SC672 Error

Quote Originally Posted by Tahir Abbas View Post
    Me have also the same problem. I have tried 3 hard drives which are working perfect on my PC but when I try to format on my Ricoh MP 2550 error fail occurs.
    This post is 5 years old, please open a new one with your problem, so we can help each other.
    As advice, you decide what to do.
    "ALL WILL BE WELL" The battle cry that most inspires me to follow, from the DC's Comic character that I admire the most. And I feel satisfied with being better every day, and with using Gnu-Linux as my usual Operating System.Apologies for my English, it's not my mother tongue and I'm helping the translator.