Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nickong

Firmware update for Aficio 3045

Hi there all,

Which is the latest version of firmware update for 3045? Is it version B7835934J?

Can we use this version on Aficio 3025 and 3035?

Thanks.

Nick

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: Firmware update for Aficio 3045

Which firmware? System/copy / engine / NIB?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts

B783 does not compute. Nic for that machine is up to level K and it hasnt been updated since 2010. So if Win7 is in your query, you are SOL.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Nickong

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    B783 does not compute. Nic for that machine is up to level K and it hasnt been updated since 2010. So if Win7 is in your query, you are SOL.

Yeah. I have users claiming that the machine's scan is not working with win 7 and win 8. I understand that it is the firmware that requires update. Is that the case? or are you saying that there is no way 3025/3035/3045 machines can work with win7 and win8?

I'm a newbie in this industry. Thanks and million.

Nick

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nickong View Post
    Yeah. I have users claiming that the machine's scan is not working with win 7 and win 8. I understand that it is the firmware that requires update. Is that the case? or are you saying that there is no way 3025/3035/3045 machines can work with win7 and win8?

Nick
    For SMB scanning, a firmware update is required for any of those models for Win 7.
    Being older models, Win 8 network firmware is not available for any of them (to the best of my knowledge)
    3025 is different from 3035 and 3045.

FTP scanning is the best option for those units and is my preference for most models anyway, and it's non-firmware dependent. Or scan to email.

Any /all of these options will require some trial and failure.

Search the forum, they are all discussed in great detail. And no need to focus too much on specific model numbers as far as the configuration goes, they are VERY similar in that regard.
    Good Luck

Nickong

Thanks for the advice. Shall give it a try.

Cheers,

Nick

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nickong View Post

Nick
    Here we go again on scanning to Win 8. For older MFPs the firmware needed will not be found in the Tech Tool Box under Firmware SD or Firmware Remote. Both the SD and Remote firmware for NetworkSupport(NCS) will be found in Special/Custom Firmware. In this case iy was posted 4/1/13.

Wilhelm_Sturmer

Arrow Re: Firmware update for Aficio 3045

Sorry to raise an old thread, butI have a similar situation.

We have 4 Ricoh MFPs; models Aficio 3045, 2x Aficio MP 4500, Aficio MP C4502. The issue is that scanning a document to an email address fails on the 3045 and 2x MP 4500. The MP C4502 works. I'd like to update the firmware on the 3045 and 2x MP 4500s. The only option I've found so far is to download .exe files from Ricoh's site, but that won't work for me as this is an all Apple environment. Is there a way to update the firmware directly from the MFPs?

Here's my current firmware info.
    Aficio 3045
    Accounting 3045 FW.jpg
    MP 4500 - 1
    Sprindale MP 4500 FW.jpg
    MP 4500 - 2
    Tulsa MP 4500 FW.jpg

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm_Sturmer View Post
    Sorry to raise an old thread, butI have a similar situation.

We have 4 Ricoh MFPs; models Aficio 3045, 2x Aficio MP 4500, Aficio MP C4502. The issue is that scanning a document to an email address fails on the 3045 and 2x MP 4500. The MP C4502 works. I'd like to update the firmware on the 3045 and 2x MP 4500s. The only option I've found so far is to download .exe files from Ricoh's site, but that won't work for me as this is an all Apple environment. Is there a way to update the firmware directly from the MFPs?

Here's my current firmware info.
    Aficio 3045
    Accounting 3045 FW.jpg
    MP 4500 - 1
    Sprindale MP 4500 FW.jpg
    MP 4500 - 2
    Tulsa MP 4500 FW.jpg
    The MP C4502 supports SMTP over SSL as required for security by many ISPs and email providers. I do not believe that the Aficio 3045 or the MP C4500.will support SMTP over SSL. The controller processor used is to old. If the email provider requires SMTP over SSL, you won't be able to send from the 3045. There are some email providers who have an option for port 25 but you can only send to people within your own domain, or with Gmail, to any Gmail account. Time to replace the older machines.

Wilhelm_Sturmer

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The MP C4502 supports SMTP over SSL as required for security by many ISPs and email providers. I do not believe that the Aficio 3045 or the MP C4500.will support SMTP over SSL. The controller processor used is to old. If the email provider requires SMTP over SSL, you won't be able to send from the 3045. There are some email providers who have an option for port 25 but you can only send to people within your own domain, or with Gmail, to any Gmail account. Time to replace the older machines.
    Good information, however I was able to get around the not sending issue on the 3045. Turns out I had to specify the domain name under TCP/IP option, rather than have the device auto-optain it from DHCP. NOW, I get an error from the SMTP Log showing that the Subject field is blah, so it won't transmit. I can, of course, manually input a subject from the device interface, but is there a method to have this field auto populated.