Ricoh Aficio MP C6000 independent supplier toner cartridge is set

Hi. I am an end user with very little knowledge of my machine. My MP C6000 can copy but not print. The printer shows offline and the display flashes "independent supplier toner cartridge is set". I would appreciate any help provided. Thanks in advance.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh Aficio MP C6000 independent supplier toner cartridge is set

2 completely unrelated issues. Why won't it print? any number of the usual reasons that a machine loses connection, but it has NOTHING to do with the message in the display. (I'm assuming that it was printing previously over the current network?)

"independent toner": Either you are using generic toner (a very,very bad idea that will inevitably come back to haunt you sooner or later) OR, the toner that is currently in use had been installed previously after a low toner condition, and then replaced with another. Whatever the case, just ignore it. If it's OEM toner, it will go away the next time it is replaced

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Agree with everything sandmanmac said above. Ignore toner message, get computer network guy to look at the computer/network set-up.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: Ricoh Aficio MP C6000 independent supplier toner cartridge is set

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    2 completely unrelated issues. Why won't it print? any number of the usual reasons that a machine loses connection, but it has NOTHING to do with the message in the display. (I'm assuming that it was printing previously over the current network?)

"independent toner": Either you are using generic toner (a very,very bad idea that will inevitably come back to haunt you sooner or later) OR, the toner that is currently in use had been installed previously after a low toner condition, and then replaced with another. Whatever the case, just ignore it. If it's OEM toner, it will go away the next time it is replaced

Thanks sandmanmac. Just got around to following up. Will update you.

Quote Originally Posted by andy227 View Post
    Agree with everything sandmanmac said above. Ignore toner message, get computer network guy to look at the computer/network set-up.

Thanks Andy.

I arranged for a tech. tocheck my network. Will update you.

Technician

Set Sp 5051-001 to a 1 and power cycle the machine.....No more nag about Independent Toner.....

sc430fan

Quote Originally Posted by zulufan1 View Post
    Set Sp 5051-001 to a 1 and power cycle the machine.....No more nag about Independent Toner.....
    Hi I have the same message on a SP811DN and also the are ? Marks on both K and C toners.

all of the toners are genuine, is there a way to reset them and if the codes above work, how do i get into service mode etc?

Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by sc430fan View Post
    all of the toners are genuine, is there a way to reset them and if the codes above work, how do i get into service mode etc?
    Buy a service manual, otherwise just ignore the messages, they mean nothing.

sukantha91

something about ricoh toner cartridges

For a nice and looking for this product/service and I found this one ricoh toner cartridges I am not sure about the quality or the foundation of their offering. Has anyone have looked straight into this before? If you have any other options you know are worth the time to view, please post them here. Thanks!