Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Red face Safety Switch on Ricoh / Lanier LD425 Front Door

Hi everyone - we have a customer that broke the front door panel on their LD425 MFP. We replaced the door panel yesterday but they have also damaged the switch on the upper right side of the machine where the latch from the door panel fits. We have a parts guide and service manual but the parts guide doesn't show this particular switch so we can't find a part number for it. The service manuals describes it as the front door safety switch. Does anyone have the part # for this? Thanks!

Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

Re: Safety Switch on Ricoh / Lanier LD425 Front Door

How exactly is the switch damaged? Whenever I get a service call for a "false door open" on these boxes I just tightly fold up a strip of paper and wedge it on the right side of the switch. This forces the v-shaped part of that switch over more to the left, so the door will actuate it every time.

Otherwise, the switch itself is part # 105 in the Frame section of the parts catalog - 12042510. The lever I mentioned is B0925815.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Safety Switch on Ricoh / Lanier LD425 Front Door

You might also want to pull the covers off and look at the switch assembly before you order any parts. If they closed the cover with enough force to break off the actuator tab on the cover for the safety switch, there's kind of a good chance that they bent the metal lever on the switch the actuator interacts with, or popped the lever out of position.