Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Toner not loading

Quote Originally Posted by POSTALLMAILCENTER View Post
    I thought that it could be the developer too, I replaced that less than 10,000 copies ago. Surely that doesn't need to be replaced again. I can't remember how to charge the toner once its changed, so I can't remember if I did that. Could that be the issue? Thanks for all the input BTW.
    Well, even with the toner bottle rotation problems you were having earlier, replacing the developer incorrectly could be the problem, or at least part of it. And if the toner bottle was rotating correctly that would quite likely be the problem, although if a forced toner add didn't make a difference I'd lean more towards a bad drum ground.
    But with the toner bottle rotation problems I still think you should double check to make sure you have the right toner in the right toner bottle. It shouldn't take that long to compare the numbers, and if that doesn't work it shouldn't take too long to get the values that kannuki2 asked for and we can go from there.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

Ground problem will cause dark background rather than light copy. I would try to replace new developer and new toner supply unit. If that it still persists then you're in big trouble.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kannuki2 View Post
    Ground problem will cause dark background rather than light copy. I would try to replace new developer and new toner supply unit. If that it still persists then you're in big trouble.
    That's weird, when I've seen drum ground problems it always produces light or blank prints, because the drum charge can't be grounded by exposure to the laser beam, and therefor the drum can't attract toner from the developer. I guess I'm missing something here, if you have time can you explain how that could produce backgrounding?

Are you getting any toner building up and dusting? It sounds like the bottle for some reason isn't fully engaging the hopper. But don't forget to check the shutter. When you remove the plastic cover from the hopper area, there should be a tab that engages the shutter. If that thing has swung all the way closed you'll never get toner into the machine. Make sure that shutter is open.