Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Angry RICOH AFICIO MP 4000

I'm having an issue that the machine keeps showing sc360 after 30+ copies. I'm using the original toner and developer and i've changed the development tank as well. Still the same. I've tried before to do the td initial setting and success before. But after 1 or 2 days later, the current vts shows back 4.87 so it will show sc360 again. Any ideas?anyone experience before this weird case?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    RICOH AFICIO MP 4000

Lightbulb Re: RICOH AFICIO MP 4000

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Systems Intergrator 50+ Posts rgcs1's Avatar

Re: RICOH AFICIO MP 4000

SC360 relates to Under/Overtoned connections. so it looks like a TD sensor issue, but if you have changed the dev tank already then that has ruled that out.

You didnt say if you had changed the Developer its self....

maybe New Dev and set up might do the trick.

Hope you get it fixed.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

When you replace developer, make sure to clean the waste toner path on the PCU. Waste toner in combination with new developer causes trouble. After replacement of the developer use a piece of paper to block waste toner from falling into the DV-Unit. Then run SP2-801 and do process control.
    Then make 100 copies and after that remove the piece of paper. A Ricoh tech told me that the amount of toner in the developer can be very high, so he always made 100 copies before removing the piece of paper. I'm doing this for a long time and I never had trouble with SC's related to TD-sensor.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    RICOH AFICIO MP 4000

I don't know if this applies. If the machine is over toning, the toner motor could be running continually. Also check to see if there is a film of toner building up on the development sleeve. As Eric1968 said, make sure that you get all the old toner out of the PCU. Also use only the current Ricoh toner. Ricoh had a problem a few years ago with a toner supplier that caused filming of the development sleeve. If the development sleeve keeps getting filmed, you now have to replace the development tank assembly. They no longer sell just the sleeve.

Technician

when tackling a PCU or Developer change to this family,

always remember to do cleaning. You must always remember to vacuum the waste path as mentioned by eric. Make sure the PCU is clean before you assemble them and return it into the machine for DV Init.

And for no reason at all, please do not FORCE TONER for this family. Overtone will occur in at least 98% of the time.