Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Stacker not stacking properly

I have a 1357ex printer with 2 stackers and no finisher. Both stackers do the exact same thing as far as not stacking straight. I have adjusted advanced operater and sp modes for stacking and it really didn't help at all. It seems to be a whole lot worse when it shifts and starts to stack in the front. Any suggestions?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Re: Stacker not stacking properly

Check the jogger rails. The grease on there should not be sticky, as if it is, it acts like a brake and the joggers cannot function like they should - i.e. they don't close in on the stack with the correct velocity.Strip off all the old grease, and regrease the rails. Hope this helps, as we had it on an MP9000.
    Press the GREEN button!!

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Check what polar bear has mentioned, with out knowing the full configuration, I'm pretty sure you have decurl units on these 1357's, just the decurl values, you may even need to switch the unit over and try again...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Okay I pulled the whole jogger unit out of the stacker yesterday and cleaned all the jogger rails really good. The problem still exist. I took the decurl unit off and ran without it and it didn't change as it still staggered the paper. I have another 1357 right next to it configured the same exact way with double stackers that works perfectly. So I switched the stackers between the machines and the problem moved with the stackers. So the problems lies within these 2 stackers as the other 2 work great. The thing is if I can get one stacker fixed I it should be easy to fix the other one.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Stacker not stacking properly

You did not mention how old the 1357 is or how many copies on it. If the other machine is newer, you may be having a static problem. Try replacing all the discharge brushes. I don't have any stackers, but I have had static caused stacking problems on the staple tray in finishers.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

I've never seen a stacker, so feel free to disregard this.
    But that sure looks like what happens when the foam roller that lines up paper in the staple tray of a finisher wears out.