Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Printing Envelopes Mp C2800

I have to be missing something simple. I am trying to print envelopes on a Ricoh MP C2800 using Microsoft word 2007 or 2010...

I open word go into mailings click on envelope its a #10 envelop, I have face down selected and the 2nd to last feed method selected. I have the envelop in the Bypass short edge in, flap towards the back and printed side down...These are the settings that work on the Minolta's. I have tried every setting I can see in word I have flipped the envelops every which way I have the size manually programmed in the bypass but no combination of settings print the envelops correctly. Any advice on getting this to work would be greatly appreciated.
    env set.JPG

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: Printing Envelopes Mp C2800

I've never found the built in Office print formatting tools to work correctly. Have you tried making the settings directly in the print driver instead of through Office?

Technician

I had this problem in Word 2010 and these are the settings I used. From your document click on the "mailings" tab then Envelopes. In the envelopes window click on "options" and select face up and centered long edge feed(the second option from the left). Click on print in the envelopes window and it should go. I know this makes no sense but it works. Hope this helps.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Printing Envelopes Mp C2800

Quote Originally Posted by mdavin View Post
    I have to be missing something simple. I am trying to print envelopes on a Ricoh MP C2800 using Microsoft word 2007 or 2010...

I open word go into mailings click on envelope its a #10 envelop, I have face down selected and the 2nd to last feed method selected. I have the envelop in the Bypass short edge in, flap towards the back and printed side down...These are the settings that work on the Minolta's. I have tried every setting I can see in word I have flipped the envelops every which way I have the size manually programmed in the bypass but no combination of settings print the envelops correctly. Any advice on getting this to work would be greatly appreciated.
    env set.JPG
    What exactly is the problem? I've never had an issue that a little trial and error in the envelope options didn't resolve. Different settings required depending on the driver that's installed.
    If it's completely reversed, then you can go to devices and printers, printer properties, and set the orientation to "rotated" by default.
    Of course, this will reverse the output of everything which generally makes no difference, unless the customer is printing on letterhead (for example), the orientation of the paper in the tray will need to be adjusted.