Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technical Engineer 100+ Posts khaled_abosere3@yahoo.com's Avatar

RICOH AFICIO 3245C

I make test pattern as shown in the following attachment test but there is overlap among colors
    I have made 5-993-39 the result was failed
    I have made 5-993-2 the result also was failed
    but by the way i faced the same problem with another machine and make 5-993-39 and 5-993-2 and problem was solved but with this machine it is not work
    Attached Files Attached Files

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Re: RICOH AFICIO 3245C

First, clean the ID-sensors, ITB Drive Rollers. If the belt is damaged, replace it. Don't know how long the ITB-Unit is in the machine, but a replacement of the whole unit is maybe better. Insufficient density of the patterns can also be a cause.

SP5-993-007 shows the Line Positioning Result. The cause of Line Positioning failing can be found here.

In other words, you'll have to provide more info on this issue. For more info on line positioning errors, see attached document.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    RICOH AFICIO  3245C

The color alignment in the are far enough off that SP 5993 and "User tools" - "Maintenance" - "Automatic color alignment" cannot correct the problem.

Use the color aligment bulletin that Eric attached to find which SP to use to adjust the main scan and sub-scan. The colors do not appear to be skewed so skip that portion of the bulletin. From the test pattern that you attached, I would start with the Cyan as it appears to be the farthest off. I usually don't have a jewelers loop to use when I have to make this adjustment. Make a change of at least 50 in one color and one direction. Reprint the printer test pattern. Check the corner squares of the color you adjusted to see which direction and how the square moved. You can then approximate which direction and how much to get the color to line up with the black boarder. Once all three colors are close and the ID sensors are clean, you can try the forced aligment again. If you have gotten the colors close enough, forced should correct the rest.

Technician

Hi. First, replace transfer unit and do calibration and registration. If that does not fix it then the laser unit needs to be aligned. The procedure is in the SM and is lengthy. If you need me to send the info get me your email and I will send it.

copierman 250+ Posts
    RICOH AFICIO  3245C

Also clean polygon motor mirrors
    Networking skills are advantageous but use of a 3m vacuum cleaner is essential

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    When this occcurs, we normaly change the cleaningblade of the itb-unit & the bias-roller. Then claening the itb-rollers & the inside of the band. Then doing the things written in the bulletin. After that, the machine runs normaly again (in the most cases)
    Greetings...