Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior MFP Technician 50+ Posts 3bok3bok68's Avatar

Gestetner MP C2551 "cannot install this software"

Hi I have machine Gestetner MP C2551 error code SC672 controller faulty, moving nvram, sd card and memory put it in the new controller board, after changing controller board there is a message in display "cannot install this software" "this software has already been installed to another machine" anyone can give a solution this problem. By the way controller board I have take from new machine due to out of stock. Thank you in advance....

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: Gestetner MP C2551 "cannot install this software"

Quote Originally Posted by 3bok3bok68 View Post
    Hi I have machine Gestetner MP C2551 error code SC672 controller faulty, moving nvram, sd card and memory put it in the new controller board, after changing controller board there is a message in display "cannot install this software" "this software has already been installed to another machine" anyone can give a solution this problem. By the way controller board I have take from new machine due to out of stock. Thank you in advance....
    Are you using the original HDD or the one from the other machine? The serial numbers from the DOS kits won't match and might cause this issue.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Are you using the original HDD or the one from the other machine? The serial numbers from the DOS kits won't match and might cause this issue.
    Yes i am using original HDD only controller board I been changed....if the serial numbers doesn't match SC995 will appear. I have check SP 5811 and compare it rear cover where is the serial number and model number attached.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Gestetner MP C2551 "cannot install this software"

SC672 is a communication error between the controller board and the operation panel. I usually just reseat the cable between the controller and the IPU and the cable between the IPU and the operation panel. I have never had to replace the controller. I have had to replace the IPU once or twice. Try putting every thing back the way it was and check the cables. Does the machine have JAVA installed? If it does, you must stop JAVA through user tools before removing the controller. If you do not, it can permanently corrupt both the controller an the SD card when the MFP is powered back on without the VM SD card.

The messages "cannot install this software" "this software has already been installed to another machine" usually has to do with the SD card. If SP5873 "SD Card Appli Move" has been used to combine applications on a single SC card, "this software has already been installed to another machine" will be displayed if you try to use the SD card that the application has been moved from is installed in another machine. You could also have a corrupted SD card. This can happen to a VM card if the card is removed from the MFP without first stopping JAVA and then the MFP is turned on without the VM card. Any SD card can also be corrupted if it is removed form the machine while main power is still on.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    SC672 is a communication error between the controller board and the operation panel. I usually just reseat the cable between the controller and the IPU and the cable between the IPU and the operation panel. I have never had to replace the controller. I have had to replace the IPU once or twice. Try putting every thing back the way it was and check the cables. Does the machine have JAVA installed? If it does, you must stop JAVA through user tools before removing the controller. If you do not, it can permanently corrupt both the controller an the SD card when the MFP is powered back on without the VM SD card.

The messages "cannot install this software" "this software has already been installed to another machine" usually has to do with the SD card. If SP5873 "SD Card Appli Move" has been used to combine applications on a single SC card, "this software has already been installed to another machine" will be displayed if you try to use the SD card that the application has been moved from is installed in another machine. You could also have a corrupted SD card. This can happen to a VM card if the card is removed from the MFP without first stopping JAVA and then the MFP is turned on without the VM card. Any SD card can also be corrupted if it is removed form the machine while main power is still on.
    Hi slimslob I did disconnect and re-connect the harness of operation panel, ipu and controller but no success. Turning off and on the main switch immediately SC672 appear. Also I did putting back old controller same problem, but the new controller there is a message but machine s working fine copy/print/scan work well. There is no JAVA installed in the machine, there is no chance to stop JAVA because machine is under functional problem immediately after turning off and on. Slimslob is there any other solution to solve? this customer doesn't want to see any message on the screen. Thanks for your reply God bless...