Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    MPC 2051 Fuser error 542 reset:

Here's the deal: I have the manual but the procedure is vague. In the manual page 3-257 says perform 5-810 turn machine off and back on. Just below the note it says "001 fusing SC reset." What does that mean. I have performed reset using SOP for Ricoh. I checked the fuser and all lamps and thermistors and thermofuse check out good. MAchine only has like 30000 total. I have the manual. Thanks Paul. Any one have any insight?

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: MPC 2051 Fuser error 542 reset:

It would be a good idea to find out what caused that error code.
    Sometimes a voltage surge will cause that, in which case you just reset the error code and you are good to go.
    Other times the thermistors are worn out, in which case resetting the error code will be at best a waste of time, and at worst it will cause the thermostats to open and maybe some meltage in the fuser. Nobody wants that.
    Then again, you have the manual, it should be pretty easy to figure out.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

YUP. I have the manual. It is very easy to figure but I did not. As I have said I performed all Standard Operating procedure of resets. I.E. perform the 5-810 procedure by going into SP mode and then touching the execute button and then turn machine completely off and then starting up again.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    it says "001 fusing SC reset." What does that mean. I have performed reset using SOP for Ricoh.
    Obviously it means "Fusing Service Code reset".
    I'm sorry, I have to ask...you're turning off/on the main power switch right? and not just the one on the Op. panel?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

I would first start with replacing thermistors. They may look good but sometimes they are not. If the SC-reset doesn't work, there has to be something wrong in de Fusing Unit.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Exok's Avatar

When you do the reset procedure, is the error cleared when you first power the machine back on then returns?

If so you have a problem still with your fusing unit.

If the error never clears at all, you are not doing the reset correctly.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

OK Thanks Guys. Am replacing the thermistors. Anyone know where we could get them? Precision does not have them on their site.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Try turning the machine back on with a door open. This keeps the warmup cycle from starting. If the code still comes up while the door is open, then it was not cleared. If the code does not come up with the door open, enter SP mode and goto display fuser temperatures before closing the door. Monitor the temperatures during warmup to see what is not heating properly. This will give you a better idea of where the error is coming from. The repalcement and adjustment portion of the service manual shows where the thermostats and thermpile are.

You will be best to order them from Ricoh.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks slim. I have ordered from Precision. Now I am waiting. I will try the procedure you suggested. The 5810 will reset but comes immediately back to SC542. The machine is fairly new. Not many pages to burn out thermistors or thermopile. I thought I was doing reset wrong for fuser. I do the 5810 but looking at the book it says 001 fuser reset so am wondering if there is an added procedure or step for fuser reset?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Hi , you are doing the reset correctly, no additional modes thst comes with the 2 series...
    Just to add ...check out the thermistor under the pressure roller it can easily come out of its connector socket.
    This could be your issue, its happened to me after I PMd a fuser ! a while back, I think you can catch it when putting the covers on the fuser.

Thanks