Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Unhappy Lanier LD425C leaving void (white lines) on prints and copies.....see attached...

On both prints and copies an irregular white void line occurs (in color and BW). Transfer belt, all dv and drum units and fuser unit were swapped (replaced) and there was no improvement. The theory I have now is that it is optical in nature and that the laser is being blocked somehow (the mirrors take two different colors as described in the service manual so it has to be tied to a process used everytime).

Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: Lanier LD425C leaving void (white lines) on prints and copies.....see attached...

Transfer cleaner unit?

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

Re: Lanier LD425C leaving void (white lines) on prints and copies.....see attached...

I know you have replaced the fusing unit.

But those voids are consistent with a scratch mark / partial split across the fuser belt which is a common occurrence on this model.

*The exact same mark repeats it's self at the exact same location and the exact same distance (which is around the same diameter as the fusing belt).
    *The mark is not straight.
    *The mark is not in the paper feed direction (it's across the LEF).
    *The mark appears on full coverage because the toner is lifting / not being fused where the cut in the belt is.
    Last edited by Cipher; 09-06-2013 at 10:59 PM.
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Thanks will be considering that again if still a dead end. I just pulled the LSU to check it....and sure enough, a hair was sitting on the slit glass below the shutter. Excited as I thought it was fixed as man, it was right there and obvious. But sure enough, when I cleaned it and put it back together...the line was back....and even more pronounced and appeared to have even shortened it's wave between markings will post pic when I have time.

Odd Odd Odd.

It really does look like a crack in the fusing belt.

Update:

Thanks for the replies. Turns out (my fault I guess) that the replacement fuser that was sent with me to swap had a crack in the fuser belt, So when swapped, gave the same result. So you all were right, got a 3rd fuser and line went away. Guess this is a common failure with these models.

Thanks again!