Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

how to calibrate colour on ricoh MPC3002

Hi All,

I would like to know how to calibrate Ricoh Mpc3002 because colour are not the same as my screen of my laptop.
    Example: On my screen my colour are gray when i print it pale green. what happen to that & what i need to do.
    does i need to install driver, what driver.

Thanks...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

Re: how to calibrate colour on ricoh MPC3002

Quote Originally Posted by Gesttech View Post
    Hi All,

I would like to know how to calibrate Ricoh Mpc3002 because colour are not the same as my screen of my laptop.
    Example: On my screen my colour are gray when i print it pale green. what happen to that & what i need to do.
    does i need to install driver, what driver.

Thanks...
    Well, where to start with this?

Firstly, the machine can be calibrated in user tools - maintenance - auto colour calibration. Run all of the copier and printer dpi options available. This is in the user handbook.

Secondly, are you using a Ricoh driver or a third-party one? Install the correct driver for the machine, but this is self-explanatory, and inside this there are options for changing the colour mixes, quality and suchlike. This, like point 1, is a user's responsibility.

Other than that, you're into messing about with colours in the engineer modes. Are you an engineer?

Finally, and most importantly, the gammas for printers and monitors are not the same, therefore results will vary. The colours should be reasonably close though. If they're close but, in your opinion, not close enough, you can either call out an engineer to look at it, mess about with the settings as detailed above or, as a last resort, buy a Fiery to perform colour-matching. This is very expensive.

So, really, my first question is "Are you an engineer?"

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: how to calibrate colour on ricoh MPC3002

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Colours produced from your copier will never look the same as what you see on your monitor. Your copier is CMYK and your monitor is RGB, you can calibrate your monitor to have the correct colours (I would do this before touching the copier), or as close as you can get them to each other.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Do you need to print gray in color mode? Gray looks much better in black and white in photo mode. In color mode, black and gray are produced by mixing the three colors together, which is close enough for full color on a business color machine, but it will never look as good as gray produced in black and white photo mode.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

If you feel you must manually adjust colors, start with copying. You will need to have a proper Kodak color test chart. Follow the adjustment procedures in the service manual. After you have the machine producing proper color copies, find a downloadable version of the Kodak color test chart. If the computere does not display the colors on the downloaded chart the same as the printed test chart, the computer will need to be adjusted. For the best color rendition you should have the PostScript option installed and use the PostScript driver. If you don't have PostScript, for some applications, PCL5c can produce better color than PCL6.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

I agree with the posts above.

Make sure that it is the correct driver to start with.

It is also easier to calibrate the monitor to the machine than the other way around! Reason being that it you maladjust a machine for one application, the rest of the apps will not create the correct output because of this.

Also the machine does process control on its own, so some "quick fix" settings will be undone be the machine when it does this.
    Press the GREEN button!!