Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh 3228 C Calibration Problem

Re: Ricoh 3228 C Calibration Problem

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but did anyone try "User Tools - Maintenance - Automatic Color Regestration"? Unless the color allignment is way off, this should correct it. Also, have the ID sensors been cleaned and checked?
    Yep, I did Auto Reg in user tools, I have not checked the ID sensors... Leaning towards that possibly correcting the issue... Thankyou so much for your response....

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

If you see your scan, you'll see that the colors are way off, so the Registration Adjustment in User Tools can not correct that. The document that I uploaded in my previous post has helped me many times in the past. It's a lengthy procedure, but it always worked.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 3228 C Calibration Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    If you see your scan, you'll see that the colors are way off, so the Registration Adjustment in User Tools can not correct that. The document that I uploaded in my previous post has helped me many times in the past. It's a lengthy procedure, but it always worked.
    I've used the procedure before and know the time it can take. I have found that sometimes using the printer color test pattern Printer SP 1103-002 is faster and easier once the skew is corrected. Get it visually close and then Forced Line Position or Auto Color Registration will finish it off.

Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    Yep, I did Auto Reg in user tools, I have not checked the ID sensors... Leaning towards that possibly correcting the issue... Thankyou so much for your response....
    I have seen way to much of this problem over the years. FACT it is a big mistake to start playing with adjusting line position sp values. If the machine fails the automatic reg in user tools then you MUST fix this first (belt and roller).

Then just let the machine adjust itself correctly. If sp values have been changed from the factory settings - then even with a perfect ITB assy AND mc passing the auto reg you WILL have a mis-registration error.

And if you dont have the original values (which are not always the same as the birth certificate) then you need to get your scope out and one by one and hour by hour gradually get it all back in line. It took me five hours once to fix one after a previous tech did a mem clear.

If the machine doesnt pass auto reg then you have itb problems (or other dev pcu issues) and you need to fix all of this first - not last.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

disassemble the transfer belt clean well, clean well the roller ferrite silver, to me it worked.