Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh 3228 C Calibration Problem

Ricoh Calibration.jpg
    Did everything in the Ricoh tech pub B202/B178/B180-032. It looks like the top half only is mis-registered. Previously changed 3 drums (Thats when it started messing up the calibration) then changed the transfer belt. The copy paper is being fed short edge first. Thinking it could be a paper feed "Buckle" problem... Anyone seen this before ? I really love these challenging problems but kinda out of ideas here...

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Re: Ricoh 3228 C Calibration Problem

If you do a test print (Printer SP, SP1-103-002), then you can see which color is causing the registration problem. In the attachment it's a bit hard to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    If you do a test print (Printer SP, SP1-103-002), then you can see which color is causing the registration problem. In the attachment it's a bit hard to see.
    Will get that on Monday... Thanks so much for your feedback...

I have been fighting this problem for a few days. The colors aren't lining up and I have been through hours stepping through the tech pub and the manual. One of the major factors is that the customer fired the previous technician after he changed the drum.(That's the calibration problem started). Then he changed the transfer belt with no affect on the problem he wanted to change the laser. The customer got frustrated and "ran him off". My question is... Is their a feasible way to set the copier totally back to the factory settings and start their with my trouble shooting.

Ricoh Color Calibration.jpg

This is the color calibration chart

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20gaugeO/U's Avatar

Do you have a spare transfer belt unit around??? It's been to long since I've seen this and it was on a Savin 3828, but it was on the transfer belt unit assy. I just don't remember if it was the motor, one way gear, bushings or cleaning unit causing the problem.

I'd recommend staying in that area. Just my 2 cents

I'm assuming you have cleaned all the ID sensors and ran line position adjustment. Getting it back to factory default would involve doing a memory clear and re-entering sp mode data from birth certificate by hand....this is a last resort. I have seen the cleaning unit cause weird copy quality issues....like belt chatter marks on high coverage prints but haven't seen it mess up color reg like this. Make sure that the steel roller the id sensors point at under the ITB is nice and shiny...and the belt is still pretty translucent...It should be if the other tech replaced it.

C

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

First thing to do is to check why the line positioning failed. This can have multiple causes. I think it was SP2-194. This number will tell you what went wrong. Also the Transfer Belt Unit has an encoder wheel to monitor the speed of the belt. This wheel can also get dirty. I don't think changing the Laser Unit will solve it, and I think it's not worth the price for such an old machine.

I don't recommend doing memory clears. But if you want to do it, backup your NVRAM-data to an SD-card.

Attached document has more info on this. But that document assumes that all PM-parts are ok. Adjusting with worn out PM-parts will not work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Really appreciate ya'lls responses.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

This may be a stupid question, but did anyone try "User Tools - Maintenance - Automatic Color Regestration"? Unless the color allignment is way off, this should correct it. Also, have the ID sensors been cleaned and checked?