Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

RICOH AFICIO MP2510

I have a customer with a Ricoh Aficio MP2510. When duplexing, the paper jams when leaving the duplexer, hitting the black guide plate, trying to go under it, instead of going through it. The guide plate looks as if it has moved up, out of position, causing the jam. When you open the "C" section, you can see the guide plate lower into what is the correct position. When you close the section, the guide plate moves up into the wrong position. It looks as if the guide plate is on a cam, making it move. Is there any remedy for this, or do I need to replace the entire entrance guide. The copier only has about 70,000 copies on it. Thanks.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: RICOH AFICIO MP2510

There are two things to check on these for duplex issues after the obvious:

1. Check the top junction on the duplex unit: on the rear facing side there's a little spring on the side: the prongs for it will break off and then the gate doesn't move as it should.

2. I've had a bunch of bad solenoids in the inverter section, I've probably replaced about ten of them over the years on this model and the 3010.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post

1. Check the top junction on the duplex unit: on the rear facing side there's a little spring on the side: the prongs for it will break off and then the gate doesn't move as it should.

2. I've had a bunch of bad solenoids in the inverter section, I've probably replaced about ten of them over the years on this model and the 3010.
    Just replaced one today. Spring was missing and the junction gate was broken...

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post

Thanks for leading me in the right direction. The spring was still there, but the actuator pin on the gate was broken off, and the solenoid was not actuating it. Thanks for the help.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUDDYWF View Post
    Thanks for leading me in the right direction. The spring was still there, but the actuator pin on the gate was broken off, and the solenoid was not actuating it. Thanks for the help.
    Glad my pain and misery on one of these early on could help you out.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    RICOH AFICIO MP2510

Quote Originally Posted by BUDDYWF View Post
    The first thing I look for with duplex jamming in the below 33 ppm machines.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

If that's the guide I'm thinking of (the gate at the entrance of the duplex unit), I've found that the screw that holds the bearing onto the drum on the 35/45 CPM machines makes a wonderful replacement for that pin when it breaks off. Started that with the 1027s.
    If that isn't the part you were talking about, sorry about that, never mind.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    If that's the guide I'm thinking of (the gate at the entrance of the duplex unit), I've found that the screw that holds the bearing onto the drum on the 35/45 CPM machines makes a wonderful replacement for that pin when it breaks off. Started that with the 1027s.
    If that isn't the part you were talking about, sorry about that, never mind.
    That's what I use to repair it too
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't