Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Solotime's Avatar

4018D Setting Up Print from USB

Trying to get a 4018D printing for a customer. They have the ethernet and USB card in the machine but it does not seem to see the machine from the usb port. Does the USB option need to be "turned on" from service mode? Is there anything else that normally needs to be done to print via USB cable on this machine?
    Thanks

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Re: 4018D Setting Up Print from USB

Quote Originally Posted by Solotime View Post
    Trying to get a 4018D printing for a customer. They have the ethernet and USB card in the machine but it does not seem to see the machine from the usb port. Does the USB option need to be "turned on" from service mode? Is there anything else that normally needs to be done to print via USB cable on this machine?
    Thanks
    No, the usb card is plug and play. Data rates may be adjusted in SP 5844. Maximum usb cable length is 5 meters. Make sure SP 5907(plug and play) is registered.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Technician

I don't think this model has the nic/usb enable SP but you could check. It would be SP 5-985-002 for USB setting. Make sure it is a 1.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

If the usb is not functional, I'm just curious why you don't connect it to the NIC if that's working?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Solotime's Avatar

I got it printing. Had to install "usb printing support" on their PC. Now they called back and want it to scan too!
    Can this thing scan via USB? If not then we will have to use Ethernet and scan to email. Which is an issue with them as there network is locked down tighter than anything I have seen as we had issues with other machines on their network. Hopefully we can scan using USB tho?
    Thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Llama God's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solotime View Post
    I got it printing. Had to install "usb printing support" on their PC. Now they called back and want it to scan too!
    Can this thing scan via USB? If not then we will have to use Ethernet and scan to email. Which is an issue with them as there network is locked down tighter than anything I have seen as we had issues with other machines on their network. Hopefully we can scan using USB tho?
    Thanks
    In short, no.