Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Herostrat's Avatar

MP C3500 reading white as pink

This customer is a tech but only for B&W machines,so he had SC565 on MP C3500 that he decided to reset with SP5801-002 instead of SP 5810 (SC's reset) and it made this machine have that nasty pinkysh background...like machine can't determine what is white,printa are coming out perfect.
    First of all SC 565 was solved with unpluging HDD's (don't ask I'm new to collor machines),but the damage was allready done since he allready did engine clear,now he demands (!?!?!?!) that I solve pinkysh background,like it's my fault not his.
    I did Acc for about 4 times and had no luck,only solution I had at that point is that he lower the density on panel before making a copy.
    I'll go again tomorow and give firmware upload a shot,I hope it carry some scanner data that will fix it,other than that I'm not shure what culd solve this or what to do next time on field if it ewer happen again,if you guys have some opinions I'd be gratefull.
    Gears,springs,clutches,sliders,connectors and electronics...who on earth can tell what's wrong with it?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Re: MP C3500 reading white as pink

Do you have the birth certificate, manually re-enter all the settings and then punch the customer
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

If you still have the factory defaults (which you should be keeping or at least printing your own; if you are buying in machines) then just re-enter the values from that.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Herostrat's Avatar

I kinda knew it will come to this,was hoping it wont...problem is that guy thought he can do this on his own so factory defaults are out of the question...or in trash can,I'm not shure where he bought machine.
    Simply put he was doing some kind of maintenance on his own,and when s*** hit the fan he called me,and now he's bossy to me.
    And yes I'll punch him...and smack him with screwdriwer grip in the head.
    Gears,springs,clutches,sliders,connectors and electronics...who on earth can tell what's wrong with it?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herostrat View Post
    Make it good and hard.
    Try doing memory clear on copier application if prints are coming out OK, not sure of exact SP, I think it's SP5801-007
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

I kinda knew it will come to this,was hoping it wont...problem is that guy thought he can do this on his own so factory defaults are out of the question...or in trash can,I'm not shure where he bought machine.
    Simply put he was doing some kind of maintenance on his own,and when s*** hit the fan he called me,and now he's bossy to me.
    Have you actually looked for the factory setting sheet? Usually underneath the jam removal sheet inside the front cover.
    If it's not there, you might try to source a copy from another machine and enter those. It should improve it if it doesn't fix it completely.
    Also, I'm not sure, but I think that if you turn off "auto density" for colour copy/ scanning it will improve the output.

The bottom line if you can't resolve it is that it's HIS fault, and He's an idiot!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Hi
    This is the df book read and ccd adjustment that needs re inputting. ...
    Had this very same issue with a know all customer that cleared nvram.
    Uf I get chance I will post the correct sp modes and values in the morning. ..
    As others have said you could do with finding its birth certificate which is normally behind the front door.

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts

And the know it all didn't print the non default data before he cleared the engine settings.......STUPID SHOULD REALLY HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. jonnyb is right on about the CCD settings being whack. The problem is that each CCD/lens unit comes with a spec sheet of data to input from when it is assembled and calibrated.
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

So the birth certificate is AWOL, and scanning causes a pink background, but the machine prints OK?
    You might start with the manual gamma setting adjustment, I don't remember exactly what the number is but it is usually towards the end of the SM4 service modes. The left hand four columns should all be 15 and the right hand four columns should be 0 by default. I've only ever adjusted the left hand four columns, and I've never had to adjust them very much. Increasing the value will make the color scan darker, so it sounds like you might try reducing the magenta values a little.
    Once you get the machine to work you might want to print out SM5-990-006, that will give you some data to work with if this ever happens again.
    Does the machine have a service contract? Most sane service contracts don't cover customer abuse, and this looks very much like customer abuse.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Gamma adjustment is SP 4-918-009.

Before doing the Gamma adjustment, make certain that know-it-all has not changed any of SP 3041 settings from default. After returning them to the defaults, run forced Process Control SP 3011.

To adjust Gamma properly you should have a C-4 chart. If you don't have a C-4 test chart and don't want to order one from Ricoh, try using the printer SP 1103-001 color grray scale or 1103-002 color pattern. If using the color pattern, use the CMYK scales. You may have to adjust which level to compare for Middle, Shadow, and High Light as I believe that the color pattern has more than 10 levels.