Mp3350 scan density calibrate?

Re: Mp3350 scan density calibrate?

Quote Originally Posted by mrfuser View Post
    now I go beat head on wall!

thanks all!
    Isn't that what we have all been doing?

Technician

Re: Mp3350 scan density calibrate?

had this exact same issue and have went the course of rebuilding pcu. could scan to folder/email and print perfectly but copy like shit. its not a bent scanner issue i've known that problem from the 350's on and its not that. its not light on a edge or one side its the whole damn page without any skew or any other effect than just poor density.

the issue is that if the customer is running more than 5k or is picky about CQ then you will be lucky to get 30k out of the pcu. legal offices and places that copy schematics/building plans call in every month or few needing rebuilt or bias adjusted just to get a few more k out of pcu before its rebuilt way too early. so rebuilding it 2x or in many cases 3x as often is not a profitable fix. Ricoh rep said he has had other dealer with same issue and told me that a dealer started replacing laser units and solving issue. the idea that if it prints fine the laser unit is fine is flawed. truth is machine uses different settings for printing/copying for bias and LD and you can't adjust them all. this other dealer could even induce the problem in machines that didn't have the issue by putting i the affected laser units into them.

i have a 'elert' in with ricoh about it and of course they have never heard of this problem before but said to start with the optics/scanner. well a LD is much cheaper then a lens block and or IPU so thats where we are starting.