Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MPC2050 waste toner container, empty or replace?

Just got 2 of these in the field and was wondering can they be emptied or better to just replace.
    Also is there a sim to reset or does it just recognize the new one?

Re: MPC2050 waste toner container, empty or replace?

Which one? This model has two waste toner containers.

You can empty both easily, if you empty before waste toner full condition is met you will have to reset them manually in SP mode. The machine will recognise the empty waste toner container after full condition is met.

Manual reset is under SP3-902.

Thanks, Not sure which one customer just called and says message on screen says: waste toner nearly full

I ordered the front one since it is so cheap, but I guess it is better to just empty the side one?

Empty both at the same time, only takes a few seconds with a bag and vacuum, just remember to reset the ITB waste toner if it isn't at full condition.

Will do, thanks

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    Which one? This model has two waste toner containers.

You can empty both easily, if you empty before waste toner full condition is met you will have to reset them manually in SP mode. The machine will recognise the empty waste toner container after full condition is met.

Manual reset is under SP3-902.
    Ive emptied hundreds of these but never reset the counter in SP mode - although I have seen it in there. What does this counter do? the machine dosnt stop when the counter reaches its limit, otherwise id be back the very next day after emptying it. I dont reset any SP's on any machines when emptying waste toner bottles as I dont think they do anything. What I thought stops the machines and registers the full WTB command is the black diaphragm sensor on the bottles, when its full it pushes the sensor out, creating the nearly full warning. When its emptied, the diaphragm isnt pushed out so the warning goes away.

I think once the sensor is triggered, the machine counts pages, and when it reaches a pre-determined count the machine stops as it believes its full. I dont think resetting the counter does anything - but I may well be wrong!

Do most people reset the counter?

Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post
    What I thought stops the machines and registers the full WTB command is the black diaphragm sensor on the bottles, when its full it pushes the sensor out, creating the nearly full warning. When its emptied, the diaphragm isnt pushed out so the warning goes away.
    For waste toner bottle 1; not sure about the second bottle, so I always reset it unless it has reach full condition. Just in case.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

We always reset the counter just so other techs can see what it's at. Has anyone else had issues with the new WTBs (front ones) being defective? Gear shaft is bent, causing excessive noise and sometimes service code. Happens on about 50% of the bottles we've bought recently.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Config page instructions for copiers, printers, & fax machines

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smee View Post
    Do most people reset the counter?
    Nope, never bother for waste toner, I think it works the same way as you. I empty waste toners constantly and have never had a problem with not resetting the count
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Huh, I've always reset the counters because it is pretty easy, but I'll have to try not doing that.
    On a lighter note, waste toner bottle 1 can be emptied at least three times, at least that's the earliest I had one that puked toner into the sensor that detects that container is full. Dumping WTB1 also cuts down on the clicking noise from the new WTB, as the internal mixers are already bent but still work properly. That noise caused me a callback or two.
    Dumping WTB1 can be colorful too. But as I am easily amused sometimes, um, never mind.