Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

SR4030 on MP6001

Hi there. We've been having an issue with a few Of our Ricoh 6001/7001 series machines not punching properly. When you fire the machine up and select the three hole punch option and make a copy, it works no problem. However, if you then press the main power button on the op panel, wait 30 seconds and wake the machine back up and then try the 3 hole punch option again, it does a 2 hole punch. firmware is up to date, 3260 punch dip switches are correct, and have checked the copier settings in the user tools. Any suggestions? (full reboot fixes temporarily, it seems that the issue occurs when machine comes out of sleep mode)

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: SR4030 on MP6001

I know its an older thread, but i was wondering if this got resolved? I have one doing the same thing, fw up to date, everything seems as it should, still get the call every couple days saying its 2 hole instead of 3 hole punching. At first i thought the customer was crazy but now i have actually seen it so maybe im crazy too.
    Thanks for any help

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    SR4030 on MP6001

Lightbulb Re: SR4030 on MP6001

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

I was starting to think we were the only ones seeing these machines have these issues ha! Well from what we found so far is that if the machines don't power themselves off completely (main power light does not quit flashing) it seems to confuse itself when it wakes up out of that state, and therefore resulting in a 2 hole punch instead of three. We have one machine out in the field that doesn't power off completely and it's the one giving us all the trouble. We are still working to resolve the issue

Here's a little recap of what we found. Turns out it seemed to be a conflict between SD cards. In our findings (from 2 machines) if the machine had a java card in the second SD card slot, for some reason the machine had issues with powering down, ( it seemed like there was a communication issue when the print/scan card and the java card were installed together) which caused us our errors. When we took the java card out, the machine powered down as it should. So far we have not received any service calls for those 2 machines