Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SC-819 MP 5000

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: SC-819 MP 5000

The fix is - THE CONTROLLER BOARD NEEDS TO BE REPLACED.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SC-819   MP 5000

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    The fix is - THE CONTROLLER BOARD NEEDS TO BE REPLACED.
    If none of the other suggestions have corrected the problem, then you will have to go to the expense of a new controller. Order the correct board as there four different model controller boards and BICU boards. See TSB-006 for identification.

If it is the controller board, make certain that the customer knows that the main power should never be turned off if the operation switch is On or Blinking. According to TSB-038 Reissue, the Basic model of this line can damage the controller board if not turned off properly.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonerMunkeh View Post
    Controller board has expired, you'll need to replace it. Also? Is anyone else finding it odd the response has come from a completely different person?
    gotcha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If none of the other suggestions have corrected the problem, then you will have to go to the expense of a new controller. Order the correct board as there four different model controller boards and BICU boards. See TSB-006 for identification.

If it is the controller board, make certain that the customer knows that the main power should never be turned off if the operation switch is On or Blinking. According to TSB-038 Reissue, the Basic model of this line can damage the controller board if not turned off properly.
    i got same problem and need to know how you slove this problem..this problem come same like you story.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    SC-819   MP 5000

Quote Originally Posted by ajim shine View Post
    i got same problem and need to know how you slove this problem..this problem come same like you story.
    There are 2 pages of suggestions! Do you care to tell us what, if anything, you've done?!

in MP5000B sc 819 occurs when your HDD is bad, try to replaced the HDD first before replacing the RAM, I think HDD is easy to find than the RAM.
    .....with all it shams, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.....

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    SC-819   MP 5000

Quote Originally Posted by gear13z View Post
    in MP5000B sc 819 occurs when your HDD is bad, try to replaced the HDD first before replacing the RAM, I think HDD is easy to find than the RAM.
    Almost two years ago, very early in this thread, Slimslob clearly suggested a similar solution, with very specific advice on how to isolate the problem

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Almost two years ago, very early in this thread, Slimslob clearly suggested a similar solution, with very specific advice on how to isolate the problem

People don't search the forum to find an older thread about possible solutions to a similar problem they are having, they just start a new post. Lazy. And people don't read the post very well before offering help either since the original post said that there was no print controller, yet 3 techs suggested hdd fixes. No print controller, no hdd.

I love the site. I think it is fantastic. Hopefully we can all improve in making it better.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    I see this as a trend today, like people will have everything "served" with no effort for them self. It is easier to bother 10-20 people than reading through the threads.

And it's Not only on this kind forum, but actually everywhere on the Internet and in the real world too...
    Last edited by Zaxxon; 08-18-2015 at 06:35 AM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

And while your at it "give me some firmware"