Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SC-819 MP 5000

Technician

SC-819 MP 5000

Hi,
    It is an AFICIO MP5000 unit with constant SC-819.
    Machine stops at "PLEASE WAIT " state for 5 minutes approximately and then shows SC819.Is there any solution for the problem .I have tried to avail its boards locally but nothing is available.
    Please give some solution to get rid of it.
    No fax unit unit is in machine and no print controller etc.I am very new to these models.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    SC-819   MP 5000

Re: SC-819 MP 5000

Any more info on what led to this condition? Was it working fine at its current location, or is this a machine you have come across that may have had other options installed that have since been removed? You might try unplugging the HDD and booting up the machine. If it boots up normally (however with limited functionality), try reformatting in SP mode, otherwise replace.
    All that said, a little more info would be helpful

ALso...is it an MP5000B or just a straight MP5000?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SC-819   MP 5000

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Any more info on what led to this condition? Was it working fine at its current location, or is this a machine you have come across that may have had other options installed that have since been removed? You might try unplugging the HDD and booting up the machine. If it boots up normally (however with limited functionality), try reformatting in SP mode, otherwise replace.

Since SC-819 is almost always a problem with the HDD, it is probably not a 5000B. If it has a FAX option but no HDD, it is bad RAM. If it a 5000SP, disconnect the HDD. If it is a 5000SPF, remove the fax option and disconnect the HDD. If it will boot, either replace the HDD or if it did not have a HDD, replace the RAM.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

It is MP5000 B

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Controller board has expired, you'll need to replace it. Also? Is anyone else finding it odd the response has come from a completely different person?
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Doesn't 819 occur when the serial number on the nvram doesn't match the one on the bicu ram?

I'm Sure I've had this before and had to re input the serial number in a SP manually.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    SC-819   MP 5000

Quote Originally Posted by edwin206 View Post
    Hi,
    It is an AFICIO MP5000 unit with constant SC-819.
    Machine stops at "PLEASE WAIT " state for 5 minutes approximately and then shows SC819.Is there any solution for the problem .I have tried to avail its boards locally but nothing is available.
    Please give some solution to get rid of it.
    No fax unit unit is in machine and no print controller etc.I am very new to these models.
    Prior to the SC-819 first occurring did you or anyone else try to enable the network interface using SP 5985-001 without first installing the additional memory? If so, you will need to install the additional 256K of memory, Memory Unit Type G. If the addition memory has been installed, it could be not seated properly or bad.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    SC-819   MP 5000

Lightbulb Re: SC-819 MP 5000

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Service Manager 100+ Posts Moza's Avatar
    SC 819 on this machine is very common and pretty much always the controller occasionally may also be be the BICU.

Technician

Hi,
    I am trying to fix the unit .Machine's physical condition is as under. I interviewed the operator(accused one).
    The machine is without hard disk and print option etc.It's a simple copier MP5000B and the problem occur during a sudden switching of light.

I could not understand that of serial number of BICU and NVRAM.

Trying to enter SP mode through SP mode but did not do so. SC-819 on display and unit stand still.
    I am very obliged to the seniors for very precious guidance. Thanks to all and still wandering for the fix.