Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh Aficio 1515 Paper Jams at exit!

Quote Originally Posted by Herostrat View Post
    That line on the back usualy comes out on first paper,and ewery following don't have it,yet I beleve you have some background on ewery paper...some small amount of grayness all ower the paper.
    As they pointed out it's toner related,one way to get rid of it is to print out 50 to 100 blank papers,to take out that faulty toner particles that piled up in developing assy.
    Would this procedure offer a temporary or permanent solution to the problem? Does it eliminate the possibility of replacing the transfer roller? Any way it's worth a try.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio 1515  Paper Jams at exit!

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    Would this procedure offer a temporary or permanent solution to the problem? Does it eliminate the possibility of replacing the transfer roller? Any way it's worth a try.
    Temporary only. The more the copies on the transfer roller, it becomes less effective.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Herostrat's Avatar

It is a temporary solution unless you change toner.
    Vacume toner holder and change toner bottle with something beter if not ricoh branded,then print blank papers to take bad toner out of dev assy.
    Gears,springs,clutches,sliders,connectors and electronics...who on earth can tell what's wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Herostrat View Post
    It is a temporary solution unless you change toner.
    Vacume toner holder and change toner bottle with something beter if not ricoh branded,then print blank papers to take bad toner out of dev assy.
    The toner bottle i see in the hopper is labelled Ricoh Type:1270D, I suppose this must be the original toner, OEM?

Technician

Ricoh Aficio 1515 Drums Available

WE CARRY RICOH AFICIO 1515 DRUMS AND ALL OTHER MODELS AS WELL FOR DEALERS.

Hi,my name is Ronald Rivera Account Executive for InternationalDigitalSolutions.
    We are Wholesale of Copiers, Supplies and Partsfor Sharp, Canon, Ricoh,Minolta, Toshiba.

Wealso carry used copiers at a very low price.

You cancontact me at the following number or email us:

RonaldRivera
    ronald.rivera@outlook.com
    InternationalDigitalSolutions
    (305)593-8700
    1507NW 82 Ave.
    MiamiFlorida33126
    WWW.idscopier.com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Herostrat's Avatar

If u have ricoh branded toner inside then it's developer causing line on the back...on those machines it means you shuld change whole PCU.There are some tricks to lower it with bias voltages tuning but for me it rarely worked on the spot.
    New PCU is kinda expencive fix for line on the back,if prints don't have gray background on face then leave it be,explain the customer what needs to be changed to solve it and he'll prolly back down...in my experience noone cares about that line on the back...even if doing duplex prints they can do one blank paper before actual prints.
    They will prolongue PCU life somewhat.
    Gears,springs,clutches,sliders,connectors and electronics...who on earth can tell what's wrong with it?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Aficio 1515  Paper Jams at exit!

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    The toner bottle i see in the hopper is labelled Ricoh Type:1270D, I suppose this must be the original toner, OEM?
    Not necessarily. If it does not say on the bottle "Genuine Ricoh" it is not original Ricoh toner. It is after market toner labelled to indicate what OEM toner it can be used for.

Technician

Take note of the right door contact switch.
    When the paper enters the fuser and starts exiting it gives the machine an instant open door alarm and straight afterwards gives a paper jam warning.
    Just bend the door switch plate a little outwards just for insurance. I have had this problema several times.

goog luck

Quote Originally Posted by ccarvalho@copyvis.pt View Post
    Take note of the right door contact switch.
    When the paper enters the fuser and starts exiting it gives the machine an instant open door alarm and straight afterwards gives a paper jam warning.
    Just bend the door switch plate a little outwards just for insurance. I have had this problema several times.

goog luck
    This is a very useful information! It will help me solve a problem on Aficio 1113; a customer actually called yesterday complaining that ,when making multiple copies, the machine keeps on displaying 'paper jam', and every time it does so they have to open the right door and close it for the problem to go away. You have given me very important lead, may be I will start with looking at the door switch. Meanwhile more suggestions are welcome.

As for the Aficio 1515, I solved the paper jam at the fixing unit by thoroughly cleaning the fixing unit, especially the exit rollers with WD 40, as for the black line at the back on first page i told the customer to change toner. They buy their own toner.

Hi ,
    check the exit sensor.
    Bye