Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    syncview

RICOH 2027 user controlled printing/photocopy?

Hello everyone.
    I have just registered here, but I have been a silent reader. Specially came here to search for solutions to my noob problems regarding 2027 and now I'm here with a question I couldn't answers for on most of the places online:

I have a ricoh 2027 in my office that is shared by about 16 different computers, I want a slightly controlled environment here, anyone who gets in photocopies something, even people from outside the office, only employees should be able to do that and only the employees who have to print should be able to print. I have been wandering around the admin page of the printer and found few options and after a bit of googling, I found that IPP authentication is what I'm looking for. I tried enabling the IPP auth, setting to basic, entered a user/pass and test printed from my computer - boom - nothing happened, it just printed without asking anything.

Now my question is, how can I achieve what I'm trying to do so - also what is the address book for? I see an error on top left corner of the screen on the device that says something along the lines of "address book error call SC870". Also the address book has TITLE1, TITLE2, TITLE3 and ADD TO FREQ options, what are these for? I thought the address book addition would be self explanatory but I guess, I overestimated myself :P

any help would be appreciated
    looking forward to your replies

thanks

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: RICOH 2027 user controlled printing/photocopy?

SC 870 is a hard disk drive (HDD) error. A copy of the address book is stored on the HDD.

The easiest way to set up user access control is to set User Authenication to User Codes. You then select the items that you want to restrict. Next you add users to the address book, assign them an User Code, and select the items that each user will have access to.

For printing, at each computer, right click the printer and select Printing Preferences. On the Valid Access tab, there will be a box for entering the user code.

Re: RICOH 2027 user controlled printing/photocopy?

These excerpts are from a 3025; the prodecure and UI are essentially the same.

Administrator Tools.pdf
    Authentication Information.pdf

There is no need to restrict access to Scanner, usually; unless you really want to.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: RICOH 2027 user controlled printing/photocopy?

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com