Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Staple in stack sorted

Re: Staple in stack sorted

The user manuals can be downloaded from Ricoh-usa. They explain the procedures and limitations.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

Why would anyone have the need to staple a stack of documents that are all the same, I'm confused
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

A few weeks ago I had the same problem. Client had a two page Word-document. He wanted page 1 printed twice and stapled, and the same for page 2. The only way to staple is to select the sort option. I called the ricoh guys and they also say that if you want to staple, the sort option will automatically be enabled. Stacking and stapling is not possible.

joshuadenmark

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    A few weeks ago I had the same problem. Client had a two page Word-document. He wanted page 1 printed twice and stapled, and the same for page 2. The only way to staple is to select the sort option. I called the ricoh guys and they also say that if you want to staple, the sort option will automatically be enabled. Stacking and stapling is not possible.
    I have several clients asking for this function.

Thanks for your replies all.

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    Why would anyone have the need to staple a stack of documents that are all the same, I'm confused
    We have a customer that wants that. They want to stack and staple because it's convenient for the truck driver... One copy is for the driver and one copy is for the client where he delivers the goods.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Debs1964's Avatar

We have a customer that wants that. They want to stack and staple because it's convenient for the truck driver... One copy is for the driver and one copy is for the client where he delivers the goods.
    I really was confused, I couldn't think of any instance where this feature could be required, but I guess I was wrong. I'm guessing the Ricoh design engineers couldn't think of a good reason for this feature either, hence why you can't select stack and staple at the same time.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary maths and those who don't

Quote Originally Posted by Debs1964 View Post
    I really was confused, I couldn't think of any instance where this feature could be required, but I guess I was wrong. I'm guessing the Ricoh design engineers couldn't think of a good reason for this feature either, hence why you can't select stack and staple at the same time.
    Mechanically it's possible. I can't think of any restriction why the machine can't stack and staple at the same time. The designers must have a reason for it... I also have to admit that this is the first customer who wants this my 20 years of working in this business. Other customers use a dot matrix printer to do it. So it's not so strange this confuses you.

Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar

I guess you would have to copy the original document multiple times to achieve this using staple sort?
    i.e. If you want just two of the same document stapled together, have two of the same original or place it on the glass and use the #key when you've finished to set to job on its way.... There are many ways to skin a cat, no cats were harmed in this demonstration. If that's not a good enough answer for them, then they are lazy and should be forced to use carbon paper

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Konica Minolta machines are able to do that.
    I am facing the same issue with Ricoh machine with all my clients.