Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Ricoh 3 month warranty? Sales pitch?

Hey everyone,
    Just wondering if anyone knows about this. I keep seeing this on competitive quotes. Is this for real? Is there a 3month deferred maintenance cost? That's the way they have been describing it on quotes.
    Has anyone heard of this?
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh 3 month warranty? Sales pitch?

Re: Ricoh 3 month warranty? Sales pitch?

Lemon law. If a machine has continual recurrent problems, Ricoh will replace the machine or the defective component. I think 3 months is the specified time.

Frequently you have to have the regional service rep come out and confirm the problem to determine if they will send a new machine or just the component (Fusing unit, etc). In the last year, we had a fusing unit on a 2851 replaced because the arms that open the pressure when the right side is open did not line up with the door properly for closing and an entire MP 301SFP replaced when it was going to take three weeks or more to get a replacement controller board.

Re: Ricoh 3 month warranty? Sales pitch?

It's not really a parts warranty. They are actually deferring maintenance costs for the first 3 months. I've seen there quotes and I have no idea how they are making money by doing this. Yes I understand in the first few months things aren't going to break and service calls will be slim to none, but if you charge per click how do you justify losing that much revenue? It's crazy.
    They lost $1400 in 3 months on a 907ex production machine by deferring maintenance. There click rate is low as hell and there sale price is as equivalent......

Also I don't think they can word their sales quotes as "warranty" As far as I know there is no such thing as deferred maintenance "warranties" are there???

If anyone can shed some light on this I'd appreciate it.....Thanks
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some people just abuse this privelage more than others