Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

mpc4000 black drum

Does anyone know if a spc820dn black drum can be made to fit in a mpc4000. I have a customer that needs a drum bad but want to do it as cheaply as possible because they have a tendency of not paying in 30 days, they pay just takes a while and i hate sitting on the bill.
    Thanks for any help

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    mpc4000 black drum

Lightbulb Re: mpc4000 black drum

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Re: mpc4000 black drum

You can make a B2242042 work.
    -C

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks for the reply.
    do you know off hand what needs to be done to modify it?

I don't believe anything has to be done to make this work...the appropriate corner should be beveled on the connector and you don't have to swap the wires if your using it for black. Just compare the connectors on the back to make sure...you don't want to damage the interface on the rear side of the machine.
    -C

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Talking Re: mpc4000 black drum

awesome, thanks for the info. Normally i would just put the 4000 drum in but like i said earlier im kind of concerned with the customers track record for paying that i just want to come in as inexpensively as possible so im not sitting on so much for 60-90 days possibly longer, we tend to get kind of cranky around here when we have to wait that long
    Thanks again for the help its much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by nos View Post
    awesome, thanks for the info. Normally i would just put the 4000 drum in but like i said earlier im kind of concerned with the customers track record for paying that i just want to come in as inexpensively as possible so im not sitting on so much for 60-90 days possibly longer, we tend to get kind of cranky around here when we have to wait that long
    Thanks again for the help its much appreciated

If they have a track record like that....make sure they have a check ready upon arrival....I get cranky too if I don't get paid
    -C

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I did that the last time and when i got back to the office i found a 2 week postdated check in my hand .
    I felt like such a dumba$$ for not checking the date but who would have thought.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar
    Yes be very careful with the recepticle at the rear of the machine, as these cannot be replaced alone but as part of the drive unit, which is a real SOB. File the corner down (I think these days they put a metal pin in that side to "prevent it from wearing down". keep filing it down at about 45 degrees until it fits into the recepticle easily, and you are done.
    Press the GREEN button!!

shenglang

Ricoh MPC2500 fuser bearings??
    Got a Ricoh MPC2500 which has melted one of the plastic fuser bearings. Put in new bearing and melted it within 30 seconds of running machine. Strange thing is it has only done this on ONE BEARING the other side is fine!!! if it helps it is the right hand side bearing as the fuser comes out of the machine. Havn't changed the fuser sheet and is slightly crumpled on that side is it possible this is the problem but seems unlikely to me. Our Ricoh guy is still away so any help would be appreciated guys
    Cheers 123457.jpg09822.jpg