Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: lanier ld425c

Technician

lanier ld425c

This machine has gone black (LCD screen) and the printer lite is red as well as the alert light. I sent the print control board out to be examined by Hytec and it was returned with no problem found. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do next? The hard drive was checked as well and showed no problem. Obviously I cannot even get into service mode because the screen won't light up. Please help!
    Thanks

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    lanier ld425c

Lightbulb Re: lanier ld425c

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    lanier ld425c

Re: lanier ld425c

Quote Originally Posted by dgrow View Post
    This machine has gone black (LCD screen) and the printer lite is red as well as the alert light. I sent the print control board out to be examined by Hytec and it was returned with no problem found. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do next? The hard drive was checked as well and showed no problem. Obviously I cannot even get into service mode because the screen won't light up. Please help!
    Thanks
    Does the machine go through the warm up cycle? Just with no display? Sending out the print controller was a big over-reaction.
    It's more likely just the Power inverter board.
    A bad Polygon motor can also cause a blank display, and would cause the printer light to be Red, because there would be an SC code being logged as well. You can check the code by logging into the WIM

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    lanier ld425c

Did you try WIM to see if there was a SC?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Does the machine go through the warm up cycle? Just with no display? Sending out the print controller was a big over-reaction.
    It's more likely just the Power inverter board.
    A bad Polygon motor can also cause a blank display, and would cause the printer light to be Red, because there would be an SC code being logged as well. You can check the code by logging into the WIM
    Unfortunately I did not check the WIM. We took the machine out of the customer site and brought them a loaner thinking it would be best to work on it in our shop. The machine seems to start the warm up cycle and then stops and red alert light appears followed by the red light in the printer select button.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Did you try WIM to see if there was a SC?
    Unfortunately I did not check the WIM. We took the machine out of the customer site and brought them a loaner thinking it would be best to work on it in our shop. The machine seems to start the warm up cycle and then stops and red alert light appears followed by the red light in the printer select button.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    lanier ld425c

Quote Originally Posted by dgrow View Post
    So what's stopping you from checking it at your shop?