Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

MP C3501 Bates Stamp

Does anyone know how to enable Bates Stamping on an MPC3501? It shows SP 5227-200 in the book but that SP is not on the machine. I have tried special SP mode as well. I know the old 90 cpm machines had Bates Stamp firmware that had to be loaded. Does this machine also need firmware?

Thank you

joshuadenmark

Re: MP C3501 Bates Stamp

Maby this can lead you in the right direction?

Published 01/20/2009 08:37 PM | Updated 01/20/2009 08:37 PM
    Answer ID 99827 | FAQ ID 99802 | Rank B2

How to enable the Bates Stamp Feature

ENABLING THE BATES STAMP FEATURE:

1. Turn on
    SP 5-227-200 – Change Page No Display.Change SP setting to “1 ”. This modifies the stamp text feature and provides the ability to combine it with a sequential number.

2. Check the setting of SP5-227-201 – Allow Page No. Entry.This SP modifies the amount of numeric digits that are to be utilized with that bates stamp (normally this should be set to "9" Factory Setting)

3. Check the setting of SP5-227-202 – Zero Surplus Setting.This SP determines whether the pages numbers displayed are prefixed with leading zeros.Example: Number “3” displayed as 000000003 or 3, based on the setting below.0: excess zeros displayed (Factory Setting)1: no excess zerosUSING THE BATES STAMP FEATURE:1. In Copier Mode, press [Edit / Stamp].2. Press [Stamp]3. Press [ Stamp Text].

4. Setting up Bates Stamping requires setting up components:a. <Text > b. <Numbering from / to >

5. In <Text> field, select “Change Text ”.

6. Type in text component (you can include spaces if required).

7. Select
    [ Ok].

8. In <Numbering from / to> field, select [Change Start No.].

9. Type in the number that you want to begin from.

10. Select
    [ #].

11. Select [Ok].

12. To change the position of the stamp on the printed page, select [Change] and select the appropriate location. The position shown here is the upper right hand corner.

13. Press the [Start] button to begin the job.

Notes:
    Bates Stamping can only be used in copy mode.
    Bates Stamping cannot be used for files saved in the Document Server.
    The location of this stamp may be positioned in the following areas: lower right; lower left; upper right;upper left and middle.

Technician

Thank you for the reply. I have that, the problem is SP 5227-200 is not in the machine. I am thinking it needs firmware for Bates stamp first, maybe even custom firmware from Ricoh. You needed firmware to enable Bates stamp on the B070 series machines. I do not have access to the Ricoh site to check.

joshuadenmark

Quote Originally Posted by kwehner View Post
    Thank you for the reply. I have that, the problem is SP 5227-200 is not in the machine. I am thinking it needs firmware for Bates stamp first, maybe even custom firmware from Ricoh. You needed firmware to enable Bates stamp on the B070 series machines. I do not have access to the Ricoh site to check.
    Will check right away.

joshuadenmark

A search on "bates" gave zero result and the page above is the only item found in Tier2 knowledge base , sorry