Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Ricoh Aficio 1022 ADF paper jam

When I use the ADF on my Ricoh Aficio 1022 is indicating a paper jam in the ADF every time but there is no jam.
    If I do one single sided copy in the ADF it does the copy ok but put puts jam indicator on
    If I do several, it does them OK but puts jam indicator on at end of copying.
    If I do one or more sheets duplex, it puts out a blank sheet and no copy and jam light is on.
    There is no paper jammed at any time.
    All printing both simplex & duplex works OK.
    Can anyone help please?

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Re: Ricoh Aficio 1022 ADF paper jam

The biggest culprit for this is the sensor well for the registration sensor. Take off the left cover and the lower left stay unit below it and clean out the little well that the registration sensor uses on it to detect the change of state for paper: dust, debris and other goobies all love to make a home in it over time giving you all kinds of jams and other issues. Also be sure to clean the sensor itself as well.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    When I use the ADF on my Ricoh Aficio 1022 is indicating a paper jam in the ADF every time but there is no jam.
    If I do one single sided copy in the ADF it does the copy ok but put puts jam indicator on
    If I do one or more sheets duplex, it puts out a blank sheet and no copy and jam light is on.
    Can anyone help please?
    Sorry, rthonpm , I think you are confusing this older DF with some of the newer models.

This is simple too though.....There are 3 paper sensors on the original tray where you place your originals. They are the little 'black circles'. They simply become covered with dust over time, and so when the last original is fed, the machine thinks there is still a page on the feed tray, and shows 'misfeed'. Just clean them with a cloth, and you're good to go.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Could also be the paper end sensor actuator on the ADF top cover as been broken off or dislodged

Technician

Thanks for all your suggestions. I will check all of them and report back next week.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

Usually I cleaned all sensors and replace new clutch when the ADF jam like it.

Technician

I cleaned the 3 sensors on the original tray as suggested and it now all works perfectly.
    Thank you all for your interest & help

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Can anyone help please?
    Hi
    on that df theiris a cushion stuck on the edge of the duplex gate ( to stop it making a noise ) it becomes sticky and stopps the gate opening on time or opening at all

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SteveF View Post
    Hi
    on that df theiris a cushion stuck on the edge of the duplex gate ( to stop it making a noise ) it becomes sticky and stopps the gate opening on time or opening at all

Good call Steve! I somehow missed the duplexing issue he described, and only dealt with the single-sided misfeeding issue.
    Those rubber cushions on the duplex gate always caused issues!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts femaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Good call Steve! I somehow missed the duplexing issue he described, and only dealt with the single-sided misfeeding issue.
    Those rubber cushions on the duplex gate always caused issues!
    Yup, I just put a VERY small dab or grease on that cushion, and it never sticks again.