Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

SC 870-9 with Electrical Counter = 0000000000

Hello all,

I have a Ricoh AF2060 is giving an SC870-9 and even after I formatted the hdd. Also, the machine is working but it can only make single page copy. Duplex and sorting / stapling / stack option are not available on the LCD screen. Tray#2 and Tray#3 constantly detecting size A4 and B4 for tray #3 even I change it in user tools and in the dial settings. The strangest thing is the electrical counter page is all ZEROs but when I make copy it will count the page but upon re-power it goes to zeros again.

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
    Ricoh AF2060
    Product Code: B140

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    SC 870-9 with Electrical Counter = 0000000000

Re: SC 870-9 with Electrical Counter = 0000000000

Quote Originally Posted by kannuki2 View Post
    Hello all,

I have a Ricoh AF2060 is giving an SC870-9 and even after I formatted the hdd. Also, the machine is working but it can only make single page copy. Duplex and sorting / stapling / stack option are not available on the LCD screen. Tray#2 and Tray#3 constantly detecting size A4 and B4 for tray #3 even I change it in user tools and in the dial settings. The strangest thing is the electrical counter page is all ZEROs but when I make copy it will count the page but upon re-power it goes to zeros again.

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
    Ricoh AF2060
    Product Code: B140

To me it sounds like a defective NvRam.
    What led to this condition? Was it in a working environment up until now?

The NVRAM sometimes is powered by a small battery, this keeps the settings active (as they are stored as volatile memory), if the charge is lost (i.e. machine powers down) then the RAM loses its stored settings.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Herostrat's Avatar

Sounds to me that Eprom was tempered,we had a call about similar thing,tech wanted to buy used controler board for 2018,turns out he was playing with Eprom chip trying to reset it on 0 and sell it like it's new.
    Since he had troubles with our conrtoler board,my colegue had to go there and help him,he figured out that the guy was trying to rig the machine.
    Try another controler board,SC 870 does describe HDD problems but perhaps faulty controler board can't operate HDD,counter set on 0000000 makes me suspect that eprom chip stalls controler board.
    I'm not saying u was trying the same thing this guy did,just that one is never certain with electronics and why does they crash.
    Gears,springs,clutches,sliders,connectors and electronics...who on earth can tell what's wrong with it?