Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: mpc 4000 copy wraps around pressure roller

I have had the exit unit seize up.. just enough to cause this might want to replace it or change bearings

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thank you everyone for all the good input.
    I actually was able to get the machine going again.

As I had said earlier, the previous tech had not done a pm on this machine. I turned out that the Developer and the devloper units were sooo far out of spec. ( 600k) when the dv is rated at 240k and the units at 480k. It appears that the pages were being so overtoned that it would stick in the fuser unit.

All new DV units, along with all the other unit i stuck in the machine, she is prrr'n like a kitten.

Thanks again

joshuadenmark

Quote Originally Posted by nodle View Post
    Thank you everyone for all the good input.
    I actually was able to get the machine going again.

As I had said earlier, the previous tech had not done a pm on this machine. I turned out that the Developer and the devloper units were sooo far out of spec. ( 600k) when the dv is rated at 240k and the units at 480k. It appears that the pages were being so overtoned that it would stick in the fuser unit.

All new DV units, along with all the other unit i stuck in the machine, she is prrr'n like a kitten.

Thanks again
    Super - Thanks for the feedback :-)

If possible could You please mark the title [SOLVED]
    (ok I know I will get "Dumbass Noobie" - rep point for this, but what the heck)

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Every time my customer tries to print a full page photo the print/copy will wrap around the press roller, and cause a jam code 19.
    I have replaced all drums, ITB, FUSER, Transfer/Sep roller, have done all firmware updates.
    Tried changing fuser temperatures, paper types, lead edge void size, paper direction.... Nothing has had any affect.
    I am slowly going insane on this one.
    Customer claims machine use to do the full page images with no problems.
    Any help with this one will be greatly appreciated.
    Check the underside of the fuser stripper-plate for encrusted toner. Be very careful when cleaning it as it easily bends and can make a bad problem worse!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Every time my customer tries to print a full page photo the print/copy will wrap around the press roller, and cause a jam code 19.
    I have replaced all drums, ITB, FUSER, Transfer/Sep roller, have done all firmware updates.
    Tried changing fuser temperatures, paper types, lead edge void size, paper direction.... Nothing has had any affect.
    I am slowly going insane on this one.
    Customer claims machine use to do the full page images with no problems.
    Any help with this one will be greatly appreciated.
    Check the underside of the fuser stripper plate for encrusted toner.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I think at our place of work that we are going to include the stripper plate as part of a fuser PM, since it is just a thin piece of metal with a "non-stick" coating that is supposed to be durable, but doesn't always last.

Note to self: do not run your finger along the edge of stripper plate!...it will cut the heck out of your fingertip!

I have a set of kids plastic handle nylon paint brushes and I use the plastic handle to run along the stripper plate to pop off the crusty toner and then use an alcohol pad to finish the job. Also check the entry guideplate for toner buildup and remove with alcohol on a rag, otherwise you can get drag marks on your copies!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    I think at our place of work that we are going to include the stripper plate as part of a fuser PM, since it is just a thin piece of metal with a "non-stick" coating that is supposed to be durable, but doesn't always last.

Note to self: do not run your finger along the edge of stripper plate!...it will cut the heck out of your fingertip!

I have a set of kids plastic handle nylon paint brushes and I use the plastic handle to run along the stripper plate to pop off the crusty toner and then use an alcohol pad to finish the job. Also check the entry guideplate for toner buildup and remove with alcohol on a rag, otherwise you can get drag marks on your copies!

Smarts a bit, doesn't it? Especially when you get some IPA into the cut!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

known issue for some mpc models that they don't like full coverage - only option is to increase the leading edge erease or try running the paper SEF to avoid fuser jams - thicker paper types >90g also run more stable

shenglang

Hello everyone! ! My friend! Ricoh C3000 color copier results as shown, print effect is not a good question, is there such a failure this copier, optical also cleaned up, and fought copying prospective effect does not work! ! There are no friends friends to know that this is why, thank you!09822.jpg123457.jpg