Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ricoh MPC2500 fuser bearings??

Got a Ricoh MPC2500 which has melted one of the plastic fuser bearings. Put in new bearing and melted it within 30 seconds of running machine. Strange thing is it has only done this on ONE BEARING the other side is fine!!! if it helps it is the right hand side bearing as the fuser comes out of the machine. Havn't changed the fuser sheet and is slightly crumpled on that side is it possible this is the problem but seems unlikely to me. Our Ricoh guy is still away so any help would be appreciated guys
    Cheers

joshuadenmark

Re: Ricoh MPC2500 fuser bearings??

Hi

Never seen any melted bushing on this model, have seen thousands machines over time...

Any SC 5xx error ?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Never seen such a problem, only explanation is a defektive heaterlamp. As i know it from the "Diana"-series you can have fuser-problems without any sc-code.
    Hope this helps.
    Greetings...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar

Sorry to say that i have seen melted bushing on MP C2500.
    I replaced BOTH bushings front and rear and i checked thermistors surface.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshuadenmark View Post
    Hi

Never seen any melted bushing on this model, have seen thousands machines over time...

Any SC 5xx error ?
    Hi peter
    Went to machine today and rebuilt fuser including thermistors, fuser sheet and new bearings. all working fine now. the only thing l could think of was the crinkled sheet had somehow allowed the roller and hence the lamps to move too close to the roller edge and the plastic bearings. very weird fault especially as the other end bearing was fine. l tend to deal with Canon and Sharp. so will pass info onto my Ricoh guy when he returns. Machine has run all day with no problems now so "JUST ONE OF THOSE WEIRD ONES" appreciate you getting back to me though. It did have an SC543 error which has now cleared (poss overheat due to a dodgy thermistor maybe.!)
    Regards
    Roger

Had this a few times with a combination of faulty fuser units, parts and randomness. Did you check the thermopile?

shenglang

I have a mp-c2500 that is giving me lite prints at bottom of landscape or down left side of portrait prints. It seems to only do it when making prints, internals well as from a computer. the copies seem to be fine. It just does it when printing and is intermit. It could be the 2nd, or 5th, or 12th print. I have cleaned the charge roller, ID sensor, t&s roller, and the cleaning blade for transfer belt.
    any help would be great, thanx Kevin 123457.jpg09822.jpg