Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

MP 5500 J012 jam

Been working on a J012 jam in a MP 5500. The j012 is a relay sensor jam. I have cleaned all sensor in paper path, removed and cleaned feed head bearings and sensors, replaced feed tires, cleaned feed rollers in the vertical transport, and removed the transport section with the bypass tray and cleaned sensors in it, before returning the unit to the machine. On most(95%) of jams the B gate will open and a sheet of paper will curl up just under the registration roller and IT unit. At this point I am out of ideas, please help. Thank you.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP 5500 J012 jam

Re: MP 5500 J012 jam

One of the one way gears on feed module 1 needs to be replaced. Refer to TSB B064/B065 018 R.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Is there a lot of developer in the paper path? If so, all of the gears and bushings for the paper trays may need to be replaced as they've been contaminated. You'll also need to replace the rear bushings on the developer unit as they'll have worn out as well and spitting out developer.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jrob416 View Post
    Been working on a J012 jam in a MP 5500. The j012 is a relay sensor jam. I have cleaned all sensor in paper path, removed and cleaned feed head bearings and sensors, replaced feed tires, cleaned feed rollers in the vertical transport, and removed the transport section with the bypass tray and cleaned sensors in it, before returning the unit to the machine. On most(95%) of jams the B gate will open and a sheet of paper will curl up just under the registration roller and IT unit. At this point I am out of ideas, please help. Thank you.
    Try removing the drum and dev units, use stubby screwdriver to remove the registration sensor plate , 2 screws, (under where the dev unit sits),
    and vac out the paper dust that usually builds up in there, causing phantom jams.

joshuadenmark

Quote Originally Posted by mohan View Post
    Try removing the drum and dev units, use stubby screwdriver to remove the registration sensor plate , 2 screws, (under where the dev unit sits),
    and vac out the paper dust that usually builds up in there, causing phantom jams.
    Belive registration jam is code 063.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MP 5500 J012 jam

Lightbulb Re: MP 5500 J012 jam

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

Just Manuals, The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

SOLVED. Replaced entire feed head. I had cleaned the one way bearings on the original feed head and made the problem worse. You know the old saying; If you can make it worse, you can make it better. Thank for all of the input.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP 5500 J012 jam

SOLVED. Replaced entire feed head. I had cleaned the one way bearings on the original feed head and made the problem worse. You know the old saying; If you can make it worse, you can make it better. Thank for all of the input.
    If you still have the old feed head, replace the one way gears and it most likely will work.

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

If you haven't already, replace the dev unit. The bushings are worn and it'll wreck the new feed station.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.