Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    buttalasso

MP201 scanner problem

Hi everybody,
    I have a strange problem with the scanner, you can see it in the attachment. I think it could be the lens unit, by I don't have another one to test it and it's the first time for me for this problem.

Anyone had my actually problem?

Thanks in advance

20131028095207356.pdf

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Re: MP201 scanner problem

Looks to me like the ARDF is not sitting square on the copy glass. Are all the hinges ok, as the one on the left (that sits in a "pocket") can have the pocket crack and then the df sits skew on the copy glass.

If the metal guide (that sits on the lower left of the df) does not fit into the slit glass guide, copies will skew, because they hit the slit glass guide.

Also if the df does not sit square on the copy glass, light gets in and affects the copy.
    Press the GREEN button!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttalasso View Post
    Hi everybody,
    I have a strange problem with the scanner, you can see it in the attachment. I think it could be the lens unit, by I don't have another one to test it and it's the first time for me for this problem.

Thanks in advance

20131028095207356.pdf
    Looks like the scanner frame has bent. since there is no support on LHside of the scanner frame, anyone leaning on the frame (or sitting on it!) can cause the frame to bend, causing the mirrors to become out of parallel to each other, and cause apparent skewing of image. Brute force upwards at the left hand side of the scanner bed cures it. PS, on colour machines (C3000,4000 etc) it can also cause a blue cast on copy.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP201 scanner problem

Quote Originally Posted by buttalasso View Post
    Hi everybody,

Thanks in advance

20131028095207356.pdf
    Mohan's suggestion usually works for minor skewing in the optics. Always the first thing to try. Also check to see if the lamp is parallel to the mirrors. You might have to do a scanner alignment.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    MP201 scanner problem

Seems like the MFC is new considering the total count on the tested document.
    I don't know this equipment but an opinion may help.
    I had a similar issue with an KM C350,in this case my problem was a plastic black pin,located below the scanner frame wich is designed help unit to slide easy (if I remember there are 4 of them,one on each side) and centering...that pin was missing and founded inside the scanner area due shipping on the "good roads" we have in our country
    Defects are simple, our mind is complicated

Senior Tech 100+ Posts barratec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mohan View Post
    Looks like the scanner frame has bent. since there is no support on LHside of the scanner frame, anyone leaning on the frame (or sitting on it!) can cause the frame to bend, causing the mirrors to become out of parallel to each other, and cause apparent skewing of image. Brute force upwards at the left hand side of the scanner bed cures it. PS, on colour machines (C3000,4000 etc) it can also cause a blue cast on copy.
    Hi, i had the same kind of distorsion with a mp c2800. Mohan is right!
    Try to pull up strongly the left corner of the optics frame. I did it and the copy got quite perfect.

Another way - adjust the position of CCD unit, see attachement.
    In my cases this solved a problem.DSC01805.JPG

buttalasso

Quote Originally Posted by Sashko View Post
    Another way - adjust the position of CCD unit, see attachement.In my cases this solved a problem.DSC01805.JPG
    Sorry, I can't see the attachment.I changed the lens unit, but the problem is still the same.Can I imagine that it could be the BCU board?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts kannuki2's Avatar

I have had this problem on a MP2000 SPF. It may be different on this model but the problem is very exact. Double check the alignment of your B262 1700 Carriage: No.1 Unit in the scanner. Use output check on the scanner and see if the the scanner rail is moving freely. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Looks to me like the ARDF is not sitting square on the copy glass. Are all the hinges ok, as the one on the left (that sits in a "pocket") can have the pocket crack and then the df sits skew on the copy glass.If the metal guide (that sits on the lower left of the df) does not fit into the slit glass guide, copies will skew, because they hit the slit glass guide.Also if the df does not sit square on the copy glass, light gets in and affects the copy.
    I've had this on the MP201/301 and SP5200.Ricoh have this hinge holder as a retrofit part....phone them tell them that you need a hinge holder and they send it out for free.