Senior Tech 100+ Posts

RICOH MP C3000/4500 faded print density deficient

Greetings to all, ricoh mp c3000/4500 prints density deficient, the test pattern is faded a polite ask your help on where I have to act to restore .... I also replaced the transfer roller and drum groups but the result is the same copies and prints that have faded and lacking density

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Bantams's Avatar

Re: RICOH MP C3000/4500 faded print density deficient

Try a forced toner supply in SP do each color then run the ACC in user tools if it goes faint again then replace all the devs and update the firmware.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

By drum groups, I am assuming that you mean the complete PCU and Development Unit. Since replacing the development units did not correct the problem, you could ave a problem with either a stuck laser optics shutter, dirty shield glasses, or a development or transfer bias problem.

Use the cleaning tool found on the inside of the front door to clean the shield glasses. If the tool is missing, get one from another machine or buy a new one. Check the operation of the laser optics shutter. Some people will even remove the shutter. Check SP 3041-001. If it is set to 0, change it to 1. This puts bias voltage back to being controlled by the Process Control. Print a SMC non-default report. Anything that has to do with charge, development, or transfer bias that is not currently at default, return it to default.

Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar

I would remove the laser shutter first, if that doesnt fix it get back to us. FYI laser shutter is usualy identifiable by a simple test, open and shut he door and test cq after each time, does the cq change each time? The shutter moves back each time you open the door.

shenglang

Hello everyone! ! My friend! Ricoh C3000 color copier results as shown, print effect is not a good question, is there such a failure this copier, optical also cleaned up, and fought copying prospective effect does not work! ! There are no friends friends to know that this is why, thank you!
    I will not send new stickers! ! Sorry! Thank you, my mail: shengxiaolang@126.com123457.jpg09822.jpg

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shenglang View Post
    Hello everyone! ! My friend! Ricoh C3000 color copier results as shown, print effect is not a good question, is there such a failure this copier, optical also cleaned up, and fought copying prospective effect does not work! ! There are no friends friends to know that this is why, thank you!
    I will not send new stickers! ! Sorry! Thank you, my mail: shengxiaolang@126.com123457.jpg09822.jpg

After several years i have same problem. I changed paper trasnsfer roller and nothing change. ONE THING VERY CONFUSE ME. I TRAY TO MAKE COPY WITHOUT TRANSFER ROLLER AND NO CODE COME UP.SO I STARTED TO THINK THAT ELECTRICITY IS PROBLEM. If anybody find solution please help

Thanks
    Regards
    Last edited by m_donakov; 11-12-2016 at 05:31 PM.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by m_donakov View Post
    After several years i have same problem. I changed paper trasnsfer roller and nothing change. ONE THING VERY CONFUSE ME. I TRAY TO MAKE COPY WITHOUT TRANSFER ROLLER AND NO CODE COME UP.SO I STARTED TO THINK THAT ELECTRICITY IS PROBLEM. If anybody find solution please help

Thanks
    Regards
    For what it is worth, it probably would be more productive if you started a new thread rather than dug up these old fossils. You will get more techs looking at the issue that machine is pestering you with that way.
    If you can share pictures of the print defect that would help too. There are people from all over the world here that can help, we just can't see that machine or what it is doing.
    Sorry if this is a waste of time.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iowatech View Post
    For what it is worth, it probably would be more productive if you started a new thread rather than dug up these old fossils. You will get more techs looking at the issue that machine is pestering you with that way.
    If you can share pictures of the print defect that would help too. There are people from all over the world here that can help, we just can't see that machine or what it is doing.
    Sorry if this is a waste of time.
    Also most of us old farts who are most likely to know what you need to do will totally ignore anyone that reopens a 3 year old thread.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Also most of us old farts who are most likely to know what you need to do will totally ignore anyone that reopens a 3 year old thread.
    Ok i will start new thred. Thanks

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by m_donakov View Post
    Ok i will start new thred. Thanks
    Also, don't use the word "print" in the title of your new post, as that will automatically convert it to something we can't reply to.
    Heh, that was mysterious to me when I first joined CTN too.