Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP C3300, Win 8, and large pdf docs

Hi, All. I have a customer that just upgraded to windows 8 printing to a D025. They are a construction company that prints large PDF files. (19M, 52 pages) The original document was created as 30x42", and is being printed on 11x17. With the original embedded WIN 8 Ricoh class driver it took an hour to print the PDF. With the new driver, it spits out 7 pages immediately and then waits forever. Driver settings (PCL6) are standard resolution and black and white. What can I do to increase printing speed? Their IT gal and I seem to be like oil and water at the moment. My machine has the latest drivers and firmware.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Re: MP C3300, Win 8, and large pdf docs

Never mind, it looks like they had a corrupt PDF.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Retired 10,000+ Posts

If by "the original embedded Win 8 Ricoh class driver" you mean the Microsoft driver that come with Win 8, you need to download and install a true Ricoh driver. I have never had much luck with Microsoft drivers. With Ricoh PCL 6 driver, go to Printing Preferrence - Detailed Setup - Print Quality, what ever Vector/Raster is set for, change to the other.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Whatever program they are using to generate their "PDF" make damn sure that the "flatten" the layers of that file into one layer in the PDF and then in the print driver choose the "Print on-->11x17" in the print driver options....otherwise you will be waiting a long time for the MFP to flatten those layers AND which can lead to a memory overflow on the MFP causing it to error out!

Good Luck!

PS--Always use OEM Drivers!
    (microshaft drivers like to break things!)
    Last edited by qbert69; 10-30-2013 at 09:54 PM. Reason: ...added PS!

shenglang

Hello everyone! ! My friend! Ricoh C3000 color copier results as shown, print effect is not a good question, is there such a failure this copier, optical also cleaned up, and fought copying prospective effect does not work! ! There are no friends friends to know that this is why, thank you!123457.jpg09822.jpg

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shenglang View Post
    Hello everyone! ! My friend! Ricoh C3000 color copier results as shown, print effect is not a good question, is there such a failure this copier, optical also cleaned up, and fought copying prospective effect does not work! ! There are no friends friends to know that this is why, thank you!123457.jpg09822.jpg
    You might want to start a new thread for this issue, Dude. It's not even the same model machine. PM count on pcu's and developer?
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by shenglang View Post
    Looks like someone has put their hand right across the drum/dev roller surface.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

"the original embedded Win 8 Ricoh class driver" this driver should be destroyed!!!
    waste of time using this driver

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    You might want to start a new thread for this issue, Dude. It's not even the same model machine. PM count on pcu's and developer?
    Look at his previous posts. He has posted this question numerous of times with different thread titles. Spammer maybe?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Usertools>Printer Features>System>Memory Usage> Set to Font Priority... This applies to all Ricohs that have it not just this model.
    it works a treat and it can sometimes solve a whole bunch of weird print issues.....

but yes those Microsoft drivers a crap with a capital CRAP!!! Don't ever use them...