Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Curling paper on 3 series machines

I am trying to help another tech with some pretty hefty curling issues with the new MPC 3503 series machines. We have tried lowering temps, flipping paper around, etc. Still curls like a fiend and especially bad on duplex.

Anyone see this or have any ideas?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Curling paper on 3 series machines

Re: Curling paper on 3 series machines

Paper has been stored incorrectly and has a very high moisture content. Try fresh paper that has been stored in unopened wrapper at the proper humidty range.

It's not easy being green 1,000+ Posts Cipher's Avatar

The MPC305 can be is a real shit for curling paper, which is not helped by the shallow output tray.
    That model does have curl correction SP1113-001 to 009 but I've not had much luck playing around with those settings.

But with some old buildings you can tell from the minute you walk in... the musky odour of dampness (not good).
    • Knowledge not shared, is eventually knowledge that becomes lost... like tears in the rain.

Fully qualified technician for Ricoh - Canon - Sharp - HP - Brother

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

...run paper grain perpendicular to the hot roller and see how that works....usually paper grain is lengthwise with the paper and if the grain is parallel to the fuser hot roller, you WILL get some wicked curl due to high moisture content...YMMV!

Service Manager 250+ Posts turbojetboy's Avatar

Paper curl xxx3 series, we are seeing it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Further info on this issue.

First, thanks for the basic suggestion on "wet" paper. I know about that stuff, etc and it isn't the issue for these two machines.

The two machines in question are in 2 different locations and are a 3503 and a 4503. Curling is much more pronounced when doing duplex. The decurling SP has been tried with no visible difference. The tech tried different settings with the temps (Ran regular paper as thick 1 and got even more curl. Paper run as thin and/or manual changes to fuser temp to lower it didn't help much).

Both of these machines do not have a finisher or a bridge unit.

I have asked the tech to check paper in terms of if it is recycled or not and if it is recycled, how much post consumer content it has. (In general, from what I have seen, the more post consumer content, the more dust and curl). Machines are typically spec'd for recycled paper up to a certain post consumer content, but customers will often run paper far beyond what the machines are spec'd for.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

...are tray heaters being utilized???

shenglang

Hello everyone! ! My friend! Ricoh C3000 color copier results as shown, print effect is not a good question, is there such a failure this copier, optical also cleaned up, and fought copying prospective effect does not work! ! There are no friends friends to know that this is why, thank you!09822.jpg123457.jpg