Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    C2050 waste toner bags

C2050 waste toner bags

I know I cant be the only one having trouble with the replacement waste toner bags. The shaft is either warped or the driven gear is offset an an angle. Either way they make a racket.
    Ordinarily, we just suck 'em out but occasionally we have to replace them. I am talking about the one behind the front door not the one on the left for the transfer.
    I cut one open with a moto tool to see wtf is happening. and as I said the shaft is warped.
    Is Ricoh aware of this problem?

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    C2050 waste toner bags

Re: C2050 waste toner bags

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama46 View Post
    I know I cant be the only one having trouble with the replacement waste toner bags. The shaft is either warped or the driven gear is offset an an angle. Either way they make a racket.
    Ordinarily, we just suck 'em out but occasionally we have to replace them. I am talking about the one behind the front door not the one on the left for the transfer.
    I cut one open with a moto tool to see wtf is happening. and as I said the shaft is warped.
    Is Ricoh aware of this problem?
    I know that it is a different waste toner system, but there was a firmware problem with the C3001/C3501 that caused noise and potential damage to the transportation coil. See TSB 001 for the C3001/C3500.

Field Supervisor 2,500+ Posts
    C2050 waste toner bags

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I know that it is a different waste toner system, but there was a firmware problem with the C3001/C3501 that caused noise and potential damage to the transportation coil. See TSB 001 for the C3001/C3500.
    I am aware of that issue. But this is a replacement hardware problem, you can hear it and feel it when you turn the gear by hand, right out of the box.

You never realize how cheap a professional is until after you let an amateur do it.
    A+; Network +; PDI+

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

For what it is worth, while I don't know about the warping issue, I do know that a new "Waste Toner Container 1" will always make more racket than an emptied one.
    The issue is that over time, the mixers inside the container will be bent in the direction of rotation by the waste toner filling the container. When you empty the container, the mixers remain slightly bent. When you replace with new, the mixers are completely straight, causing the original amount of clicking noise.
    It took me a few recalls to learn that.
    On a lighter note, how often do you empty "Waste Toner Container 1"? I've been able to empty it at least three times before waste toner starts leaking out the gear shaft and contaminates the container full sensor.