Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mpc5000 m lines

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Re: Mpc5000 m lines

Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    looks like charge roller unit in the m, i have to change the charge roller units quite often if using aftermarket drum units, and on oem it happens periodically if the dv is getting week it will build up and the charge roller leaner cant keep up. tuning into lines like these.
    forgive me here but I've stated I've replaced the cyan Magenta and yellow drum units all oem. the magenta line has not changed when I swapped it with the cyan drum unit so its not a charge roller fault as such. Its in the same place same size hence why im stuck and as eric said cleaning the laser gives you white lines ref a previous post.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Mpc5000 m lines

Point of clarification, does this line appear on copies, prints, or both. If it does not appear during printing, you can rule out the engine and start looking at the scanner. Usually a small spot or line of light red or pink ink on the slit glass shows up as a magenta line on color copies and might show up as a black line on black and white copies.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Do an enlarge 141% and reduction copy 71% and tells us if the lines get bigger or smaller....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

former propeller tester 250+ Posts

maybe its a drag line from something rubbing the image (it seems to be only where the magenta image is and not out in the middle of nowhere)

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by banginbishop View Post
    this is the bit im struggling to understand. I have magenta lines on the tx belt so the way I understand it is the lines appear on the drum via the drum charge roller and get pulled off via an opposite charge on the tx unit - right or wrong on this?
    That's one way that happens, the charge roller gets contaminated and doesn't charge the drum in those areas. No charge = toner always attracted to that part of the drum. Then that toner gets transferred to the ITB and will appear on prints and copies.

(A damaged drum or drum cleaning blade can cause similar issues.)

For what it is worth, the vertical magenta bar between between the four horizontal magenta lines in your picture makes it kind of look like the lead edge of the paper is hitting a pile of magenta toner somewhere in the machine. Probably not (I haven't seen that in years), but something you might want to check if time permits.

Can you just take out the Transfer cleaning Unit and try to clean the Blade and see if that solves the Issue.or if you could swap the unit with another one.(Transfer Cleaning Unit) is the culprit here.

had similar one in MP C2051 few weeks ago.

Better Luck!

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Mpc5000 m lines

I have seen this happen a few times in the past, even with brand new OEM drum units. Toner concentration in development unit gets too high. Result: on intense color areas, there is too much toner applied to the drum for the cleaning blade to remove completely. You end up with a dirty charge roller. Quick check is to reduce the mount of toner applied by reducing the development bias. First change SP 3041-001 to 0. This takes control of bias voltages away from process control and uses the voltage setting in SP2005, charge DC bias, and SP 2229, development DC bias. Second lower the development DC bias for the offending color by 50 volts.

The following file was given to me by my district service rep. The settings slightly reduce toner concentration in the development units and compensates for the lower toner concentration by slightly increasing the amount of toner pulled to the ITB. It will take a few copies for the toner concentration to be reduced. Once it has you can change SP 2041-001 back to 1. Using these settings, I have seen a large reduction in calls for drity charge roller.
    Service Program (SP) Settings.pdf

Magenta lines. Changed c,m, y as over pm life. Swapped m with c drum but m lines not changed. Stuck ran IPU test patterns but didn't really confirm much other than its engine based fault.

Try changing bicu and memory reset this help me clear the white lines

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfrancis18 View Post
    Try changing bicu and memory reset this help me clear the white lines

Thanks - I've been stuck here for 3 years doing this fault🤔

Appreciate the help but the thread is 3 years old. A memory reset very rarely works & it wasn't white lines but magenta lines.

Thanks - I've been stuck here for 3 years doing this fault🤔

Appreciate the help but the thread is 3 years old. A memory reset very rarely works & it wasn't white lines but magenta lines.
    I just wanted share my expirinces. Anyway mine was cyan,magenta lines and I have change drum unit ,itb,laser unit, transfer roller no luck. After resetting all memory setting it works for me. Hope this can help others as well.