Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts ricmartinho's Avatar

MPC2051 Mac Postscript Driver

Hi everybody,We have a MPC2051 with Postscript and need to adjust the saturation and brightness on the PS3 driver. On the PCL5 driver it's possible to adjust saturation and brightness on the Print Quality Advanced Configuration.Is it possÃ*ble to do the same adjustments on the Mac OS Postscript driver? Or is there any other place on the operating system itself where these adjustments can be made?I don't have experience on Mac systems and would appreciate any help.Thanks

Re: MPC2051 Mac Postscript Driver

Try playing around with the General Features (click on the drop-down which is usually set to Layout by default) to find a good setting. I do not believe there is a saturation / contrast like settings, if there is try Googling it.

If you find something good try saving it as a preset or to set as a default: open the CUPS interface: open Safari or another web browser and go to localhost:631, under Administration, Manage Printers, select the printer from the list and then select Set Default Options under Maintanence drop-down.

The login and password will be the users login, you can find these from System Preferences -> Users & Groups.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts ricmartinho's Avatar

Re: MPC2051 Mac Postscript Driver

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    Try playing around with the General Features (click on the drop-down which is usually set to Layout by default) to find a good setting. I do not believe there is a saturation / contrast like settings, if there is try Googling it.If you find something good try saving it as a preset or to set as a default: open the CUPS interface: open Safari or another web browser and go to localhost:631, under Administration, Manage Printers, select the printer from the list and then select Set Default Options under Maintanence drop-down.The login and password will be the users login, you can find these from System Preferences -> Users & Groups.
    Thanks for the input.I found some information about ColorSync profiles and I'm going to fiddle with that to see if it solves the issue.Will keep you posted.