Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Unhappy RICOH MP C4500 network card is not working yellow light off

Greetings to all, I have a Ricoh MP C4500 has gone off the yellow light on the network connector on the copier, not print, only works as a copier, does anyone know what could have happened, there is a solution, can anyone give me a hint I cordially thank

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Re: RICOH MP C4500 network card is not working yellow light off

Already tried to connect to the machine using a laptop?

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    RICOH MP C4500 network card is not working yellow light off

Have you tried to connect anything else to the network cable to see if you have a netwok?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I went to the customer and told me that was printing more, I saw that the yellow LED of the network card was off, so I changed the whole block including the hard drive and the printer has started to print .... here I wanted to understand why you turned off and the yellow LED and if you can do something to fix it
    I can only say that the multifunction switch on the yellow LED should turn on network cconnettore but I tried to insert the same card on another machine, but the connector is off, I do not know what to do sarannogli hd failure? or memories?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I went to the customer and told me that was printing more, I saw that the yellow LED of the network card was off, so I changed the whole block including the hard drive and the printer has started to print .... here I wanted to understand why you turned off and the yellow LED and if you can do something to fix it
    I can only say that the multifunction switch on the yellow LED should light on the network connector but I tried to insert the same card on another machine, but the connector is off, I do not know what to do will be the hd failure? or memories

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tecnomarco View Post
    I can only say that the multifunction switch on the yellow LED should light on the network connector but I tried to insert the same card on another machine, but the connector is off, I do not know what to do will be the hd failure? or memories
    From what you described, if I understand it correctly, it sounds like there was a power surge that wrecked the controller. It is dead, there is no fix for that that I've ever seen.

I've never seen a bad hard drive cause a machine to only stop printing from the network. So unless there were other obvious unexpected machine limitations, putting a new hard drive on that bad controller would be a waste of time and money.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I agree with Iowatech. When you changed the "whole block", what you were changing was the controller. In effect you were putting a different device on the network cable. Replace the controller with a new one or send the existing one for repair.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Exclamation Re: RICOH MP C4500 network card is not working yellow light off

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from:

www.justmanuals.com

paul@justmanuals.com