Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Memory Full MPc305spf

Hello, I have a brand new MPc305spf that when the customer runs more that 3 full color originals to make just 1 set of copies they get a memory full message. Printing and scanning are both just fine.I have read the service manual and operators manual front and back and cannot find anything to correct this issue. I did find a setting in input/output to continue to print after memory full, but that didn't solve my issue.
    "Heavy music to the normal ear is nothing but a loud annoyance. Most people think of it as obnoxious, talentless music but to someone who really listens and is really in love with music knows how beautiful and amazing it can be" Tommy Rogers of Between The Buried and Me"

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Memory Full MPc305spf

I would pull and reseat the RAM cards, and update the firmware first up.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Definitely sounds like a RAM issue. Re seat it and update the firmware, if updates are available, as suggested.

After that, replace the RAM.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Sounds good. I will try that and let you know. Thanks for the responses
    "Heavy music to the normal ear is nothing but a loud annoyance. Most people think of it as obnoxious, talentless music but to someone who really listens and is really in love with music knows how beautiful and amazing it can be" Tommy Rogers of Between The Buried and Me"

What is the ready memory usage percentage? Have you installed the HDD option? This model has 1GB of RAM, this is shared between copier, printer and fax, so make sure you clear any stored fax jobs.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Memory Full MPc305spf

Ran into this on a MPC3501.Check status of HDD from Control panel.Mine had 0% available.Reformatted and all was well.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Quote Originally Posted by ruben View Post
    What is the ready memory usage percentage? Have you installed the HDD option? This model has 1GB of RAM, this is shared between copier, printer and fax, so make sure you clear any stored fax jobs.
    No HDD installed, they are only using it to copy/print/scan and there were no print or scan jobs in memory.Im going out today and trying to re seat the memory and update firmware just in case