Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Ricoh MPC305. Message of : Independent Toner supply set ( 2 x Yellow OEM units)

Hi All.Sorry for 3rd post being a question but i have had a report of two Yellow units showing this issue and a invoice for silly money froma service company saying that the OEM's were both faulty and created a call out.Yes we supplied Two OEM yellows and the end user called out a third party to try to fix issue and errors being seen.I have done search and seen similar errors on other machines but nothing for this model.is the error message the standard message and can it be left and run with no issues.Why this message on two OEM'S. Is this common issue. No real reason for an third party service company to attend and charge us.I'm going to contact Ricoh direct but wanted to throw this out there.replies would be very welcomed.Elliot.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MPC305. Message of : Independent Toner supply set ( 2 x Yellow OEM units)

The two bottles were not faulty but no so genuine at all.
    You can disable the warnign with SP5051 and everyone is happy.

SP5051
    [Toner Refill Detection Display]
    Enables or disables the toner refill detection display.

The machines thinks that there weere inserted a refilled toner instead of an OEM one.

Technician

Re: Ricoh MPC305. Message of : Independent Toner supply set ( 2 x Yellow OEM units)

Thank you very much for your speedy reply.+ 1 for you sir.So even though these were true 100% OEM units this can still be seen as (Reman / refilled) and gives this message is this correct and I'm understanding correctly.simply using SP5051 clears this message. so no reason for any call out needed if end user spoke direct to Ricoh at least..?or at least waited for my replyNow i have this info.thanks again.Elliot

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

No need for call out anymore as long as you disable it but to disable it you have to enter in SP Mode wich is not what an end user can do. The 5051 disabled refilled toner detection so if user inserts a non OEM toner it will not complain so be careful in using it.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

This message appears when the customer replaces the toner when the machine is in the near-end condition. Some customers replace the toner when the machine says that it's almost empty. Tell the customer to replace the toner it's really empty.

Technician

Many thanks to all of you guys / Girls that helped answer my questions.Units are on way back for testing and inspection and machine running with replacement unit.resolved issue now.cheersElliot.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MPC305. Message of : Independent Toner supply set ( 2 x Yellow OEM units)

If I can add to this thread, is it possible to display the toner icon on the bottom of the screen on the MPC305 like on the larger Ricoh's? Doesn't seem to have the option in SP mode SP5-061?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    If I can add to this thread, is it possible to display the toner icon on the bottom of the screen on the MPC305 like on the larger Ricoh's? Doesn't seem to have the option in SP mode SP5-061?
    Not that I can tell, the screen is too small for any such icon.

The only setting in the run up guide is for SP 5-051 Toner refill detection.