Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Max users on MP2352?

Hi GuysAm i correct if i say that a MP2352 can only have 450 users installed in the adresbook?If so is there any way to increase this. I have a customer with 700 clients who wants to create a user for each client. When they copy and print the clients user code gets entered and at the end of the month they get billed for the amount of prints.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Re: Max users on MP2352?

Don't think so, but 700 users on one machine? This machine is way too small to serve 700 clients!

Quote Originally Posted by Voltage View Post
    Hi GuysAm i correct if i say that a MP2352 can only have 450 users installed in the adresbook?If so is there any way to increase this. I have a customer with 700 clients who wants to create a user for each client. When they copy and print the clients user code gets entered and at the end of the month they get billed for the amount of prints.
    Get them to purchase a print & copy management software, e.g. PaperCut MF.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Max users on MP2352?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1968 View Post
    Don't think so, but 700 users on one machine? This machine is way too small to serve 700 clients!
    I don't think he has 700 users. I think the customer is an attorney with up to 700 active clients. The attorney wants to use the machine to keep count of all copies and prints made for each client for billing purposes. I have an attorney that does the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    I don't think he has 700 users. I think the customer is an attorney with up to 700 active clients. The attorney wants to use the machine to keep count of all copies and prints made for each client for billing purposes. I have an attorney that does the same thing.
    This is correct. But they are accountants. They do not want to spend any more money pn papercut and they say the previous machine a canon could do this. Salesman f...up becomes a technical issue :-(

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Max users on MP2352?

I checked and according to the Operator Instruction Manual, there can be a total of 2000 names in the address book for scan and fax. Only 500 of those can be used as User codes. If this might sour a deal, you can contact Ricoh and see if they can do a Custom software with increased number of users.